The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i have kept this to myself for a while as i seen it and i am a little fussy to say the least when it come to original watches and when i will looking for a recent purchase as always i look here to see if what i am looking at measures up....so after doing all my research and speaking with the seller...something started to stand out in pics...there were two obvious different watches...small differences that if i was new...i would never even think to look for...but when i questioned the seller ...he told me it was lighting and it was 100% original and pics were of same watch...but even the case back numbers did not match..i want to call him out and ask why he would try and deceive people...these are not cheap models...but i have learned with age....go with caution...i would love to know what you all think...he is a seller on the good old bay and has many Seiko's listed all the time...no sure how many he really sells but after what Killsnapz spoke about before...it got me thinking...don't we have a responsibility as members to help and protect those who are new like we once were ....well this is just my rant...but maybe i am just idealistic to think that honesty should be in everything we do...God Bless John

well on his own feedback this was written...so i know i am not crazy...more than usual...

Picture and written description was different.
RARE VINTAGE SEIKO 1977 WHITE DIAL AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH - MODEL 6139-6012 (#400750170069)

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Well, it's completely fair to report on purchases you made. I would be cautious if I only saw these things in his offers and did not have a real standing.
But you actually received an item that was not the one you bid on.

I wouldn't call for a "name and shame" thread, but individual experiences (combined with a thread tag that's easy to find) might be helpful.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Check out 351314994704 and the last line of the description - "PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT WE USE INVENTORY PHOTOS FOR THIS SPECIFIC MODEL," and then goes on to state "Buy With Confidence." :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what..i did not see that...how can that be....do they think they are selling new watches
i am not here to name and shame...that is not my style..but when i see that ...i have to say something

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Check out 351314994704 and the last line of the description - "PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT WE USE INVENTORY PHOTOS FOR THIS SPECIFIC MODEL," and then goes on to state "Buy With Confidence." :icon_scratch:
Well, I have bought three watches from that seller, a 6309-729A, a Citizen NY2300 and a 7S26-0040, and all three have been superb condition and value for money, would definitely use him again, great communications as well.................:confused:

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that is great...i am so glad that you never had any problems..

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
well that is great...i am so glad that you never had any problems..
After the first two John, I was confident enough to request, off of ebay, the 7S26-0040, sight unseen, at an agreed price of $60. I was not disappointed with what I got, though I replaced the Seiko Z22 bracelet with the shark mesh one.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have bought from the second seller too...had great luck with that purchase...they are just very funny about there pics and they at least disclose it....that one you got there is very nice John D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts