The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i REALLY wanted that 6032 as i'd never seen one for sale, but i do have to pay for the kiddie's tution; so, i came to my senses. before that 6032 appeared, i committed to buy this and it's a pretty cool "consolation" prize. upon opening it, i realized this is the FIRST time i've ever puchased a new watch since i'm more into the vintage watches. lol... i've bought never worn, second hand watches, but never one as the end user from a retailer before. it will probably be another 10-20 years before i do that again.

here's the box straight from japan: note the paper tape and LARGE box!

DOUBLE box, even!

hrrrrmmm, SEIKO WATCH CORPORATION?

padding on the inside box...

getting closer!

ah! prospex...love it.

yes, the correct watch was sent!

AT LAST!

thanks for looking.... the sbdx001 MM never really appealed to me, but it's all about the details in the collecting world and i really like the gold. it really stands out and just "POPS" in person. i apologize for the poor pics, but i am at the office and rushed them. :grin:

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
well that is gorgeous....great find....

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
See, that's the issue with the expensive vintage passion. At some point a new watch costs less and is clearly better. It's just that it's not vintage.

And so the gutwrenching choices continue.

Love that 2-tone Prospex. Congrats.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sweet!!! Think that clearly justifies breaking your vintage groove. If I were to buy a "new" watch, that would be the one. I am sure once they can't be had any longer, their prices will go through he roof. Congrats on such a sweet piece!!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys...didn't think I'd be able to get one, but a fellow WIS had a connection to make it possible.

it's nice to have a watch that actually glows in the dark for more than 15 seconds!

<* shark >>><

1 - 10 of 10 Posts