The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A customer asked me about getting this Olympic (NZ only brand and good quality) back to life.
It had been her boyfriend's grandfathers. She wanted it done for him for Christmas.

Unfortunately the ESA9362 was dead. Circuit? Parts like teeth of the hen:confused:

Searching other forums (yes, they exist) I found that someone had used an ISA1198/32 movement as a replacement. They didn't have need of the date though (which my customer's has but their's didn't).

I was making up an order to Esslinger so added it in. 10 days later it arrived:)

The dial and hands fitted perfectly and I found a replacement seconds hand (smaller tube needed).
I cut the Tues out of the day disc and glued it to the movement (we have a classic Kiwi song by The Mockers called Forever Tuesday Morning:cool:.

I had to modify the new case ring for the movement to be secure in the case.

I sanded/buffed the case and buffed the plastic glass and cleaned them.
I also fitted a replacement crown.

Watch now looks great and will go well in the future:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
ESA 9362

Nice save... I have found the ESA 9362 is identical to the later ESA 536.121, which can still be found NOS or in many basic 80s quartz watches.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Nice save :) My dad's first watch (early 60's) is an Olympic, I've got it and it still runs :)

A simple way to check the circuit is to measure the voltage where the coil is connected. You should see a 1 second pulse on the meter. (even better visible with an analogue meter) I observed this many times, the last time diagnosing an Omega calibre 1333. (dead coil :( )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts