The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Citizen Log Master!

The newest member of my collection, and rare is not an understatement. You might see one for sale per year if lucky and it has taken me a good 6 years to finally lock a nice one down.

The log master was manufactured in 1968 as was Citizen's only vintage attempt at a slide rule watch that I can think of. Much like most of the Record Masters they kept the scales on the inside of the case rather than opting for an external bezel.

The inner scale ring piece is located in position by a tab on the dial and does not move, while the outer scale ring piece can be rotated by a second crown positioned at about 2. If you are wondering how it works just google how to use a slide rule and it should clear that up. Interestingly both the inner scale ring parts are made from metal so there is a lot less risk of the teeth wearing down on the rotating ring, which is probably a good thing because you likely won't ever find a replacement.

It is a very difficult watch to photograph as the light bounces of different bits depending on the angle you view it from but in the flesh it is one of the most impressive watches I have ever seen. It is not a small watch for a dressy style like this, it is about 41mm wide exc the crown, yet it is rather thin at only 10mm and it sits very flatly on the wrist. The nice chunky lugs are 20mm apart.

Hope you enjoy..

Cheers Henry

·
Special Member
983 Posts
That looks to be in great condition. The combo of black and white around the dial certainly make it stand out from the crowd.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Its a fantastic addition congratulation's, i've only seen photo's of them they are extremely rare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts