The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Citizen Promaster 800m Professional divers watch. I have no affiliation with this watch. Just thought someone on the forum might be looking for this model. Wish I have the $ to bid on it but already spent my budget for the month on another watch that is on the way to me.

METAL CASE-Titanium clean condition.back cover has scratch
CROWN- original
CASE SIZE – 46mmx44mm thickness 15mm
Case number -5503-F50212.
Serial number-201XXX
MOVEMENT -5503 working Condition keep excellent time.
DIAL color: black new condition
BAND- new black silicon rubber not original.
Bezel rotating tiny scratch.

It ends in 7 hours off the bay. Check it out.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was checking out this watch and noticed that the screws on the case back looks like it has been stripped. It is in pretty bad shape.
Just wanted to anyone who is pllaning to bid on it a heads up.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Banned
72 Posts
Had one of those last year, flipped it a couple of months after buying it as I couldn't work it into my rotation. Other than the the back case screws issue, ask the seller if the bezel still locks. After a few years, the titanium pin which prevents the bezel from turning unless pushed down gets worn out. Also ask if the springs that make the bezel pop up after being pushed down are working.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have one of those right now. Unfortunately, it's off at Kent Parks for a re-lume, so I can't look at it. Nor do I have any caseback shots. But I would swear that the entire caseback screws off, just like most other dive watches. Those five round holes which you have identified as screws? I don't think there are any screws there. It looks like some clutz has tried to open the caseback with an improper tool, scratching the hell out of it in the process. It might be possible to do some grinding on the worst of the scratches, then have the entire caseback re-blasted.

·
Banned
72 Posts
I took a look at the old photos of my watch and it looks like TakesALickin is right, no screws visible. I didn't own it long enough to do a battery change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts