The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i need some opinion on my problem with a Presmatic 5106-9000 i've just bought two days ago. i've just realised that the date changes is two-step jumps everyday. for example, it jumps from 12th to 14th, 14th to 16th etc. :'( The date can be manually set in single jumps with the hex button in the crown.

i really-really like the watch, and paid quite high for it. should i return the watch or can it be repaired easily?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
prismacolor said:
Hi all,
i really-really like the watch, and paid quite high for it. should i return the watch or can it be repaired easily?
Hi prismacolor,
You'll have to take it to a very good watchmaker to have it repaired. Presmatics are fantastic watches, but they are fragile and the movement is quite complex.
Take good care of yours and it will give you years of good service.
Cheers,

·
Registered
154 Posts
There are two semi identical click springs on the 5106, if you get the weaker of the two confused with the date click spring, this is what happens. It happens because the click needs the stronger of the two springs to dampen the tremendous force of the instantanious click spring, which is HUGE.

It`ll have to be completely taken apart, and preferably put back together by someone that is very familiar with the 5106. There are actually three springs that are very close, one out the three is a bit shorter, but there are two that are easily confused because they are exactly the same size, except in thickness.

Regards,
Randall

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx to all responses. Was afraid it was one of those things. I dare not take the chance, since i have not seen many 5106 here in Malaysia. Don't think many are familiar with the movement. So sadly, i've decided to return the watch.. :'(

Now on the lookout for a replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts