The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have picked up some 320W10GN00 's not from any of the known suppliers . I have been told they are 100% genuine though they do come in the packets shown

however looking at them now they have arrived with me there is a stark difference and I'm not sure if they are for the 6105 and wondered if you knew what they could be from ?

they are most similar in height to the type III crystals but have smaller chamfered sides and a domed top

the type III is on the left and mine is on the right

Any input welcome on which watch they could be from??

left to right on first pic
type I , type III, crystal In question

type III , crystal in question

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
I've done a similar comparison with 4 320W10GN's I have on hand. Type 1, type 2, Jonathan's, and another aftermarket crystal. The crystal on the right looks like the aftermarket replacement.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I can't remember types numbers but I have two genuine Seiko 320W10GN00. One has a dead flat top the other Seiko looks exactly like the one you have on the left. The one I know is an aftermarket looks exactly like the one you have on the right. From the best I can tell with the crystals I have on hand the one on the right is replica and has the same fault the replica one I have in that the dome is way to high. If that was sold as a genuine Seiko and you paid good money I would be asking for my money back.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Seiko Flat top 320W10GN00

Seiko replacement crystal last type

Poor reproduction of a 320W10GN00 notice the super high dome compared to the first two pictures and the shallow sides.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have read the following elsewhere -
Type 1 is original before Seiko reshaped it to avoid chipping.

never heard of a type II ?

I can't see how mine resembles any of the type I and III crystals ???

Don't quote me but I am trying to remember an old post by Swedefreak.
Type I had a flat top and was a bit to high which allowed easy chipping of the edges. Seiko fixed the problem very quickly with a crystal that looked the same but was slightly lower overall to stop the chipping. The one in my first picture. That is known as type II Type III which is the most common has the same side construction and shape as type II but has a very shallow dome top. Pictured in my second picture.
The reproductions as pictured in my last photo not only have very short side dimensions but also have a dome to the top that is way to high when compared to the final Seiko design called type three.
I hope that clears it up. Either way the crystal that you posted that you just received that was sold as an original is a poor reproduction and I would go get you money back unless you bought it cheap.

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly. I understand the visual clarity issue about the crystals but cannot find any info or reason on the curved crystal I have ? have I missed something or somewhere it was given a type number ?
I believe the curved one is an generic replacement crystal. Not a Seiko crystal, therefore it does not fit into the "type" category.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I believe the curved one is an generic replacement crystal. Not a Seiko crystal, therefore it does not fit into the "type" category.

I would agree. You are not going to find any information on the crystal you have posted a picture of because it is not a Seiko crystal. It has no type other than "poor reproduction" I know because I have one of the same exact crystals in my crystal collection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts