The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..!

I need your help to solve a big problem. Sometime ago i bought a Bellmatic 4006-7010 non-working from eBay and it arrived today..

When it arrived i could not pull the crown nor the alarm setting button.. That worried me.. So i went at the caseback to get it open and it would not budge.

So what I did was to spray a little WD-40 on the caseback lips and let it sit for a few minutes.. A while later I tried to open again with success..!

And that's how the nightmare starts...:

After opening the caseback I'm greeted by a green dried slime on the rotor.. I located the crown/stem side of the movement and it was a mess.. all rusted! I'm still unable to push the setting lever axle to release it.. But my biggest problem is the alarm setting button. Reading through the internet I found out that to release the button i must press the bar (pictured bellow from "http://adventuresinamateurwatchfettling.wordpress.com/2014/02/22/bell-matic-the-seiko-4006-7021/")

Problem is that the referred bar is rusted and it doesnt seem to even bother moving when pressed. ANd I never had a bellmatic before so I dont know how to proceed..

What should I do? the movement looks okay on inspection with the exception of the crown side.. (Probably water got into the movement from the crown and alarm button and it did its damage there over the years.

How could I get the movement out of the case so I can see what I really have?

I will try to get some pictures later on

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
hello,
If you need to extract the movement, take off the ring shuts down the engine, remove the alarm button, and then the crown.

There is no other way. good luck

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not do that because it was all rusted in that area..! I managed to remove the movement from the case by breaking both stems.. Luckily some of the rust might have helped since they broke with not so much effort!

Now that the movement is out of the case I can begin to have the damaged verified and get the parts list..

What I NEED to know now is about the stem lenghts.. Both from the crown and the alarm button.. Maybe any of you know it.. Are the lenghts of the 4006-7010 similar from any other bellmatic case? I was thinking on buying some scrap/junk/parts bellmatic and get the stems and movement parts I need to restore it..

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much

Regards from Brazil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts