The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have the possibility to buy a 62MAS (small crown). It is supposedly all original, but I don't have enough knowledge to verify this myself. So would be very thankful for all the feedback I can get from you guys. Pictures are not to that good and no picture of the movment. Watch is running and keeping good time. What do you think about the overall condition of the watch? And what could it be worth?

In advance, thank you!

Best regards
Lars Andre

Attachments

·
Ultimate Collector
2,994 Posts
Very nice indeed. That is a lovely looking watch. 1965 62mas casebacks are usually worn away.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks good to me. I love the dial and hands, super clean. The caseback on my 66 8001 is slightly less worn (barely visible inscriptions with full serial), but I think that's very common (These were worn on nato quite a bit I imagine).

·
Registered
934 Posts
It looks all original to me. Very nice, and not easy to find. Lume might be original too, though hard to tell. As to what it may be worth, you are best looking at the recent finished sale prices from the forum and the auction sites. Look for those in a similar condition. I wouldn't expect to pay a premium for the 8000 (this one) over the more common 8001, even though they are far less common. If you pick it up, I'd be interested in the serial for the month of manufacture - April or May.
Regards,
Ross

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks all original to me. Very nice, and not easy to find. Lume might be original too, though hard to tell. As to what it may be worth, you are best looking at the recent finished sale prices from the forum and the auction sites. Look for those in a similar condition. I wouldn't expect to pay a premium for the 8000 (this one) over the more common 8001, even though they are far less common. If you pick it up, I'd be interested in the serial for the month of manufacture - April or May.
Regards,
Ross
Hi

The serial starts with 55 so its May.

Lars

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
I think the price is more than enough for it. Fair price well done op, decent watch. Don't forget, before the hype of the sla017, these were regularly found for 800 to 1200 just a year or so ago, maybe a tad more for near perfect condition examples. These things are not that rare imo :) Seeing a 6215 show up, now that takes time. These show up every week...

Nice condition and a decent watch. Well done op. Sold mine a year or two ago and just didn't care for it. Funny how these things suit different tastes! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts