The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a 7625 watch to try my hand at servicing. So far so good. I've found issues and got replacement parts, mainly from seikochrono thanks Stefan! but I am having problems putting it back together.

I did take loads of photos during the strip down but a friend decided to show me how to reset my phone to factory defaults and managed to wipe the memory card and my photos.

If anyone knows of a similar movement design I can use as reference I'd appreciate any help as I've spent hours searching the net and this forum to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Tone

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ごみ or in other words Skräp which actually says rubbish apparently but funny enough it sounds like crap!

I managed to do it by common sense in the end but I thank you very much for your help finding those pages. I hunted high and low but obviously you are the master of the internet search engine! Actually the Swedish one has one of the springs fitted on incorrectly :rolleyes:

Here she is my first full restoration :) Gold plate is worn a bit thin in places but it makes her a perfect beater for the workshop. My 7625-8001 from June 1966 and I believe that is the last year we won the world cup ;)

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Happy it turned out well Tony. I must say that having a go for yourself is the way to do it, even if it involves a puzzle and a bit of swearing.

The date wheel corrector wheel/lever/spring can be a bugger.

BTW : did a 7625-1992 this week and I prefer your gold one, the hands and indices stand out much better.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy it turned out well Tony. I must say that having a go for yourself is the way to do it, even if it involves a puzzle and a bit of swearing.

The date wheel corrector wheel/lever/spring can be a bugger.

BTW : did a 7625-1992 this week and I prefer your gold one, the hands and indices stand out much better.
Yep that little spring and lever put up a serious fight but I was having none of it's shananagians! :) Thanks I'm really pleased with it considering it owes me about £35 all in :cool: Only thing that doesn't work that I need to go back in for is the date will not click around without you going through all the hours but I'm not that bothered right now as I would need to get it re plated if I was going to make a serious little watch out of it. It's keeping great time that all said :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts