The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a while since I posted so just a friendly FYI ( in case im stepping on any rules).... Im not using the discussion as a WTT...just seeking advice..

OK heres my dilemma.....

Im too chicken to wear it so Im looking to trade it.

I prefer to trade it ( cough cash up if i have to ) becasue i feel if I sell it then the money wont be worth the rarity of the watch.

Im looking to trade it with an older swiss watch. Used of course but am angling for some items with considerable cache like a Rolex 5513 or even a tudor mil sub. Im thinking Ill have to pony up the cash for sure but at least its a watch for a watch ( sort of).

The guys who are interested always ask me whats the value of my watch and Im too timid to even value it myself! haha! As much as I love seikos the last price we saw on Ebay shocked even me...i think it was in the area of 2kUSD (did i get that right?) but that had B and Ps.

So the questions are:

Is it worth keeping in my safe?
Should I trade it?
Should I sell it?
But if its a trade or sale..what value do I attach to it?

Im seriously stumped.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think it's against the rules to not include a pic ...I can't help you on the price but I'd love to see a NOS 6105. Clayton

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
if you want a nice 5513, you'll have to pony up at least $3k and if you want a tudor MN, $3k-4k as well. so, good luck. LOL. ;D

<* shark >>><

·
Administrator
30,366 Posts
150m said:
I think it's against the rules to not include a pic ...I can't help you on the price but I'd love to see a NOS 6105. Clayton
Hi Clayton it is not against the rules to not include a photo in a "normal" post, but photos should be included on the sales forums and i must admit i felt i was reading a want to trade post (WTT) almost.Like you said it would of been nice to see a picture.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys.

I agree asking for advice like this, esp since i own one, did sound like it hence the disclaimer. But no worries...its not for trade right now anyway. Just thinking out loud. :D

But I will post a pict of the watch soon.

thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
WEAR IT! It deserves a life on the wrist just as any Rolex. 8)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
jaimegarch said:
its been a while since I posted so just a friendly FYI ( in case im stepping on any rules).... Im not using the discussion as a WTT...just seeking advice..

OK heres my dilemma.....

Im too chicken to wear it so Im looking to trade it.

I prefer to trade it ( cough cash up if i have to ) becasue i feel if I sell it then the money wont be worth the rarity of the watch.

Im looking to trade it with an older swiss watch. Used of course but am angling for some items with considerable cache like a Rolex 5513 or even a tudor mil sub. Im thinking Ill have to pony up the cash for sure but at least its a watch for a watch ( sort of).

The guys who are interested always ask me whats the value of my watch and Im too timid to even value it myself! haha! As much as I love seikos the last price we saw on Ebay shocked even me...i think it was in the area of 2kUSD (did i get that right?) but that had B and Ps.

So the questions are:

Is it worth keeping in my safe?
Should I trade it?
Should I sell it?
But if its a trade or sale..what value do I attach to it?

Im seriously stumped.

Thoughts?
Wear it and enjoy it. If you're reasonably careful (as I'm sure the majority of us are), any scuffs that you pick up can be repaired. In the unlikely event of a serious nick or gouge, a skilled watchmaker or jeweler with a laser welder can make the watch like new again.

Wear the Seiko, and save up for the Rolex! Best of both worlds...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had that issue in the past with pristine watches. I would prefer to have one that I feel comfortable wearing. I don't want to wear a museum piece. Sell it and buy one that is not NOS that you feel comfortable wearing and pocket the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts