The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you all I have a question about the new Seiko Monsters and screwing down the crown. Instructions say push crown in and screw down clock wise until tight. Sometime the threads do not seems to align correctly and the crown starts to cross thread so I have to back it off and try again. Is this normal for a new monster I have a few and they all seem to do this on occasion. What is your experience. Has Seiko quality gone down ? Is this Normal ? Thanks for your reply's :(

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The threads on many of the divers seem a little 'coarse'. I just recently heard about pulling the crown to the 2nd position and wrapping a bit of waxed dental floss around the threads and dragging it over the threads to 'wax' the threads. I did this on about 5 divers yesterday and it helped a lot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Have you ever heard of "back threading"? It's a concept I learned years ago in the context of the MM300. Because the MM300 crown tube was integrated with the case the nightmare scenario for many was that they would cross thread the tube. This was fueled by reports that it actually happened to someone though my sense is the fear became much greater than the reality.

Anyway, by "back threading" it means to gently engage the crown against the tube and turn it COUNTER clockwise until you feel the crown seat properly on the threads (i.e. find the proper start point) and then screw in normally.

I do this frequently and found it helps on "hard to start" threads. Don't know how common a behavior it is or if others would recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts