The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Special Member
1,933 Posts
I believe the bezel insert (small lume pip) and the crystal (looks domed and no frosted edge) are probably after market.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Well other than the bezel insert and the incorrect band....i can not tell from pics about the crystal but like Tritto said it may be changed...but that is a easy change back if you done like it...it looks very nice...if the price is good...would be a nice one to get..God Bless John...inserts are not hard to find either...

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
well that is not 100% true...they might not be aware..or going off they are told...the band and bezel insert are completely wrong...you can tell with bezel insert...it does fit the bezel tightly and leaves gaps between it and the bezel...it all depends on price too..if it is reasonable..those little things are very easy to fix..

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
You can tell the bezel is not original. Crystal looks new to me, but that's no problem. At least it's no "Barbie Edition" as I thought after viewing the first few (pink) pictures! :grin:

What's the asking price? On this forum, you don't have to hold back :)

Edit: What's the expert's verdict on the finish? Looks re-brushed to me, as the strokes are vertical, not following the case line...
(Oh boy, look at me: from newbie to "expert" in 3 months... I guess you'd have to be if you want an all-original one).

The link to the buying guide contains no images for me - The WUS thread still has them. Can some Admin fix this? Would be a waste not to have the images.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your help. The seller is asking € 350.
I do not like is that try to fool saying it is 100% original.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Maybe he doesn't know better - but sellers do not react too kindly to being called out on the originality of their watches.

It is becoming harder to find good examples, true - but it can be done. This one looks quite good, but it was polished and I would replace the bezel insert + strap and deduct that from the 350 Euros. And then deduct a little more.
IF you like the patina on the dial markers. And the dirt on the screw down crown (it does screw down, doesn't it?).

It is in no way a "must buy".

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
i would suggest caution...it does seem like a bit high priced..

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
How are they different? The aged lume looks quite matching to the dial.

Here's what the bezel insert should look like:

Big lume pip and the triangle is "wrapping" over the inner rim of the bezel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts