The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a link for an Omega. They stated in the listing that it was a full link but
it's a half link.

My customer only wanted a full link so doesn't want it.

The seller will only refund me when they have it back and won't pay for all
the postage. I want to send it back registered so I can be sure it makes it.

They've now stopped replying to my messages.

What can I do about this through ebay?

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
As a seller who very clearly states "no returns" all a buyer has to do is claim " not as described" forcing me to accept the return and pay postage both ways.

·
Registered
28,404 Posts
I got a link for an Omega. They stated in the listing that it was a full link but
it's a half link.

My customer only wanted a full link so doesn't want it.

The seller will only refund me when they have it back and won't pay for all
the postage. I want to send it back registered so I can be sure it makes it.

They've now stopped replying to my messages.

What can I do about this through ebay?
https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

·
Registered
911 Posts
Now you let ebay do the rest. Report is as INAD and wait for the shipping label. If seller doesn't respond within the allocated time frame you get your money back and keep the half link.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
All I have ever done in that situation is Ring EBay Concierge And they Sort it for you.never had a problem getting a refund or a positive outcome.Ebay Concierge at least here in the UK are awesome👍

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I have ever done in that situation is Ring EBay Concierge And they Sort it for you.never had a problem getting a refund or a positive outcome.Ebay Concierge at least here in the UK are awesome👍

That was good for you :) but I rang ebay once and was waiting for over an hour :mad:
I also had to call Paypal too about the same thing (never got my $:mad:) and waited over 50 mins :mad:

·
Special Member
1,322 Posts
Contact ebay...they will ask if you tried communicating with seller...you will say yes.

Then, they will ask you if you would like to open a claim...you say yes again.

Ebay will then contact the seller on your behalf and attempt to facilitate a resolution.

You will receive notification messages along the way and will more than likely see a refund sent to you.

Give it a try...you have nothing to lose.

Best,

Mike

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I've made a few claims, and if you are in the right, you will get your money back
the last was a dive watch that the seller quite clearly stated was a mans watch, but as ebay goes it was a women's. I started a claim and was refunded within 24 hours.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys :)

I've started the process with ebay and they have three days to respond.

I'd hate to have to tack more $ on to my customer's watch job and he'd hate me to be out of pocket too :undecided:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Where was is suppose to be delivered Paul? I'm curious about how it's working out for you as I'm also in the process of returning a watch.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where was is suppose to be delivered Paul? I'm curious about how it's working out for you as I'm also in the process of returning a watch.

Thanks for asking.
I got a notification that a refund was coming 3/4 days ago and yesterday I got the refund.

Amazingly I'm $11 up on it - I paid $202 for the link and got $223 back ;-)
The exchange rate moved in that time.

·
Registered
911 Posts
That's amazing and the extra think of it as compensation for your troubles

Just got over the dispute and the case closed in my favor. So now ebay expects me to post tracking by the 5th.only issue I'm having before returning the package is that Ill be sending the watch back to seller from a different address.. In this case different country. I'm just not sure how this works tho. Since the case closed in my favor could the seller reopen the case claiming that the shippers(me) address doesn't match the one on ebay? Here's a scenario:

1. Sellers sends the watch to me in the US
2. I receive the watch and reship it to my watchmaker across the pond.
3. Watchmaker checks the stuff and discovers it's NAD.
4. Do I have the watch sent to the seller directly from watchmaker, or does it need to be first sent back to me and then to the seller?

Tricky...

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
That's amazing and the extra think of it as compensation for your troubles

Just got over the dispute and the case closed in my favor. So now ebay expects me to post tracking by the 5th.only issue I'm having before returning the package is that Ill be sending the watch back to seller from a different address.. In this case different country. I'm just not sure how this works tho. Since the case closed in my favor could the seller reopen the case claiming that the shippers(me) address doesn't match the one on ebay? Here's a scenario:

1. Sellers sends the watch to me in the US
2. I receive the watch and reship it to my watchmaker across the pond.
3. Watchmaker checks the stuff and discovers it's NAD.
4. Do I have the watch sent to the seller directly from watchmaker, or does it need to be first sent back to me and then to the seller?

Tricky...

I think it only matters that the guy gets the watch back, but make sure its signed for on delivery etc etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts