The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Batteries now installed, watch working as it should, no error messages !!!
Thk you too all of you guys for your help . :)
Vyn.

Just removed the batteries on my PRG 40 Casio, the cat knocked the tray i was using off of the table, ( the cat is now dead !! ) I now have this mineut spring, and have no idea where to replace it. Any help would be much appreicated.
Thks in advance.
Vyn

·
Special Member
2,429 Posts
hehehe Dutch beat me by seconds....

·
"The Prospector"
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thks for your help guys got those pics, can't seem to see the spring thingy in the pics though. Its minuet though :(
It is a heavy tray Jimmy when you swing it in the cats direction, with the window open !!!
Thks Andy, those are still there, this spring seems solid at one end with a spring thread 90% of the way down from the other end, its about 3mm long

·
"The Prospector"
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Could well be, as I just opened up my second protrek 40. ( very carefully I might add, ) and no sign of any spring in any hole, if u'll excuse the phrase. So I guess I will keep the spring safe in the interim and fit the new batteries when they arrive and see what transpires from there.
I guess the two 'brass coloured tubes' that come through the plastic cover make the connection from the case to the module for the alarm etc.
Thks anyhow Guys :)

·
Special Member
2,429 Posts
Could it be that the spring isn't from the pro-trek at all?

Could be a good call!

Where did you find the spring?

Sent via t'interweb thingy using magic n stuff....

·
"The Prospector"
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the tray with the screws, the cat she only knocked the tray, i managed to save it before it fell on the floor and all the screws etc were in a jumbled heap on the tray, along with the spring, which leads me to believe it came from the watch, as nothing actually made it too the floor, it all remained on me tray.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Was one of the case screw holes previously stripped and a tiny 'helicoil' fitted (which came out with the screw)? :confused:
Or does it go in one of the screw holes, under the screw, to make electrical contact between with something underneath and the metal case back, via the screw?

·
Craftsman
536 Posts
I take dozens of photos as I disassemble a watch. Even when I'm doing something either simple, or one which I think is simple!!

This has proved invaluable on more occasions than I can name, for all manner of reasons (including dropping my eye loupe onto the parts tray, sneezing, accidentally leaning on the parts and thus picking some up with my elbow, knocking the parts tray, parts pinging off from tweezers to name just a few).

I know its a bit stable door, but its worth it for any future work.

·
"The Prospector"
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thks for the info, both of you.
I didn't think I needed to take such steps for changing a battery or four:)
Oh well, you live and learn I guess, I will know next time :)

·
Super Moderator
3,169 Posts
No first-hand experience with this model, but looking just below 9 o'clock in this photo from the link provided above, is that a silver spring embedded in the case itself, which would make contact with the case back edge when closed?

·
"The Prospector"
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could well be Noah, will check it out when I put the batteries in.
Thks too everyone for their help :)

·
Special Member
2,429 Posts
wow good eyes Noah, that could well be right

·
Special Member
4,593 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thks very much indeed, I now know where to put the spring. Not that obvious is it ?
Very helpful indeed. :)

Start reading here about this common hassle...I used to belong to a G shock forum way back in the mid 2006...this spring bouncing out was a pain!
http://www.fixya.com/tags/lost_spring_support/watches/casio/pathfinder

another site on changing the battery etc...

http://www.ehow.com/how_6133240_install-battery-casio-pathfinder.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how-change-battery-g-shock-19704-3.html

1 - 20 of 26 Posts