The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of giving this one ago, does it look legit to your practiced eyes please says it's from 1984 I see it has a Suwa dial, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The dial perhaps because its difficult to make out the day/date window just from 3 pics. The hands have a very sharp edge and some aging to the chrome so I'm out on them.

·
Administrator
29,717 Posts
Just look at the text at the 6 o'clock position Jack that is the first and easiest giveaway for a fake dial, you couldent have done much better than considered the option you where offered the other day :72:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The dial perhaps because its difficult to make out the day/date window just from 3 pics. The hands have a very sharp edge and some aging to the chrome so I'm out on them.
Since the second hand is aftermarket I would guess it's a part of the set.

·
"The Prospector"
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know Sam ! Just i am impatient bar steward ! I asked how much and i got the reply, what do you think is a fair price ? I
just needed the guy to give me a price... as I can't be buyer and seller, if you see what I mean? Had he have said $400 or whatever....
or something that would have been fine, just couldn't get a price commitment. Have a word, get him to give me a price or it ! Thank you.
Just look at the text at the 6 o'clock position Jack that is the first and easiest giveaway for a fake dial, you couldent have done much better than considered the option you where offered the other day :72:

·
"The Prospector"
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you :grin:

·
Administrator
29,717 Posts
I know Sam ! Just i am impatient bar steward ! I asked how much and i got the reply, what do you think is a fair price ? I
just needed the guy to give me a price... as I can't be buyer and seller, if you see what I mean? Had he have said $400 or whatever....
or something that would have been fine, just couldn't get a price commitment
aaah I see said the....................

·
"The Prospector"
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If he gives me a price, one sold on here for $440 same model same condition, from one of the guys on here,i'm happy with that...Just i need to know the price, if you see what I mean...I'm not looking for a bargain, also i'm not looking to over pay, i'm happy to pay the CMV.

aaah I see said the....................

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My general rule with hunting for originality is that if the dial has been replaced with AM, I don't trust much of anything else inside or out.

·
"The Prospector"
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you, now sorted with a 6309 7040.
Thank you all for taking time out to help,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts