The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just received my "new used" Seiko Black Knight (quartz version). The bezel is totally stuck :'( Three times have I tried to remove the bezel and mount it again. Still, the bezel keeps being stuck. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated ... Btw, is there not supposed to be a bezel gasket on this piece ?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am an idiot about watch mechanics John, but that looks like the kind of Seiko bezel that works with a ring of metal that goes between the case and the bezel, and this ring has a bent portion that rises up to engage those 'slots' in the bottom of the bezel. The ring is what allows the bezel to turn only one direction, and makes the 'click-click-click" sound.

Does your watch have that ring? I believe the "other end' of this ring sticks into a hole in the case to locate it and prevent it from turning. Is yours properly installed? Is the bent part up too high or perhaps malformed?

I hope this helps! Perhaps a more qualified watch mechanic will kick in. You might also try the "Seikoholics" forum (you have to join to post) where Dr. Seiko can probably diagnose your watch's ills!

- Thomas

P.S. I don't think there is a rubber gasket on these, but then again I'm an idiot! ^L^

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey Joepete, did you get any results, or any other help on this? ::)

I also think their are some bezel tutorials online that might help!

- Thomas

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I think I see the click spring in the case still. Everything looks clean too. Hmmm.

Bump for someone else to see.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can try to play with the click mechanism

the click is the ring with the two tabs and two little nubs the nubs face down and seat into the recessed holes, on the watch,
the tabs, are what makes the bezel 'click' and also makes the bezel turn uni directional vs bidirectional.

It looks like the click spring is not seated correctly- and it might be bent.
you might need to lay it down on a table and see if its bent. Its pretty delicate.
try to seat the two little nubs into the holes on the watch case to make sure it is seated flush.

then you need to play with the tabs on the spring itself to adjust how much of the tabs interact with the bezel.

And yes you might need a gasket for the bezel Its hard to see in the photo, and I have not taken a knight apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts