The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, I got a few Sportsmatics in the mail today and I just finished up with a 7606 deluxe. I didn't really service it, I just poked inside and did some cleaning. From what i can see everything is in place and working (date quickset works, day/date changeover works) but I don't know how to change the day. So either something is broken which a service should show, or I just don't know what I am doing.. Is anyone familiar with these, I've searched and searched and come up with no setting instructions.

Thanks!

PS: Caseback says 4603914 if anyone knows how to figure the year.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it! After mo're searching I came across a post from a guy that had fixed his. His post had one scan of one page of the 7607 service manual. And lo and behold on that page was this:

"rotate the hour hand until the correct day is obtained"

Good news, this movement is working correctly. Bad news, the tiny crown has shredded my thumb. I guess being made in a time when people only had a single watch you'd set the day once and pretty much let it go, but for a watch in rotation it's a little more of a task. I think I'll wear it on whatever day it shows when it's off titration...

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Probably June '64

1 - 3 of 3 Posts