The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Can anyone help me understand how I fit case clamps. I can see the hole in the movement spacer but not sure which way I fit the clamp- i.e. which is up or down? Is it best to put the case over the dial from the top or put the dial into the case face down!

I'm not sure if I put clamp and screw on together (same side) or the clamp on the underside of the spacer (i.e between dial and spacer) and screw on the top. I assume I have to fit before i place in the case all 3 clamps but again not sure.

Any tips from the picture below would help-- I can't find anything online to assist.

Previously I had built the watch without the clamps as 2 were missing when I had the kit , but I noticed the dial was wobbling a little inside the case-- so ordered some clamps and now wish to fit properly.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mr T

Attachments

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
well it looks like the screws go inside on the pic 2 at 3pm...there is a screw hole there...and the little clamps go out towards the outside...should be very easy to finish that one off...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey John

Thanks for the advise --- seems a bit fiddly keeping the clasp and the screw aligned at the same time-- especially late tonight -so I think I will try again tomorrow.

Cheers
Mr T

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
well i am sure you will get it...you do very nice work too...God Bless John...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep got it on the 1 screw and clamp that came with the kit (other 2 sets were missing!). Unfortunately my replacement I ordered was 10 screws and 10 clamps for eta 2824-- I thought they might fit-- as isn't this a clone movement- but the clamps are too large.
So for now I have 1 set fitted and holding in .

Thanks i'm learning a lot each time :)

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
well that stinks they are the wrong size...it is hard to figure out all the sizes...hey do you have a set of calipers?...that way you know exactly the size you need...

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
well once you get some measurements..you can even post a WTB here and maybe someone has what you need...God Bless John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts