Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a diehard Seiko/Citizen Fan, Love the Japanese Reliability

Even the cheap Chinese ones usually have Japanese movements

I have enough Thick watches and am on the hunt for a thin one

Most of my watches are 11mm, 12mm or more in thickness

Looking for about half that

I was at the mall and saw a brand called Skagen, they were impossibly thin, I mean really thin… 6.8mm on some models… which is amazing since an LR44 watch battery is 5.0mm by itself

Some research shows this brand which touts its Denmark heritage is actually a US company owned by Fossil making watches in China but with Japanese movements
Prices range in the $100-200 range

I like the look and the thinness but I question the quality, I want a Seiko or Citizen

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
well i have owned a skagen and it was nice...but nothing like a beautiful seiko or citizen....if you want a thin watch...skagen is very good

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lassale was (is?) a Seiko sub-brand. I once owned this puppy…I think it weighed in at a mere 2mm! (Quartz)

·
Registered
35 Posts
While quartz can be thinner, I wear this handwind 66-0010 a great deal - it fits under any shirt cuff:

[/url]Seiko 66-0010 by Matthew Wild, on Flickr[/IMG]

Probably the thinnest in my modest collection is a Seiko quartz datejust lookalike, which you wouldn't realize from looking at pictures. The fluted bezel tricks your eye, I guess.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
that is a beautiful watch....so elegant...i loved my skagen till i opened it..after owning these beautiful seiko's and citizens....can not see myself with anything else.

While quartz can be thinner, I wear this handwind 66-0010 a great deal - it fits under any shirt cuff:

Probably the thinnest in my modest collection is a Seiko quartz datejust lookalike, which you wouldn't realize from looking at pictures. The fluted bezel tricks your eye, I guess.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Skagen has nice designs and on the thin side with sink in skin quartz movement - the movement is in a thicker case than the watch body, which allows the movement to be hidden from view as it digs in to your wrist. Can be damn itchy if you sweat a bit. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts