The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I inherited this omega watch a few years ago (it was my great grandfathers), and I was hoping someone could help provide me with more info about it. It is currently not working and I was hoping to get it worked on if someone could also recommend a place too. It also looks like it is missing the second hand. Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi,

I inherited this omega watch a few years ago (it was my great grandfathers), and I was hoping someone could help provide me with more info about it. It is currently not working and I was hoping to get it worked on if someone could also recommend a place too. It also looks like it is missing the second hand. Thanks! View attachment 446472 View attachment 446470 View attachment 446471
That will clean up nicely but please take that "fits all" bracelet off.

It will gouge into the inner lugs over time.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Good advice. Would you happen to know what style bracelet might have been originally used back then?
Most likely it came on a nice leather strap.
These old movements are works of art unto themselves. (y) (y)

My grand father's retirement watch was made in 1939 and the movement is very similar but only 15 jewels and desperately needs a full service.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good advice. Would you happen to know what style bracelet might have been originally used back then?
As Archie said, get it on a nice leather strap.

If it's a 35mm diameter watch it will be an 18mm strap.

I doubt it would have come on a bracelet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts