The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks anyone know of a resource in NAmerica for crystal and crown gaskets for a current Marinemaster? Can't seem to get one from coserve

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hey folks anyone know of a resource in NAmerica for crystal and crown gaskets for a current Marinemaster? Can't seem to get one from coserve
I don't think you can get those in the States. However, Rob in NL may be able to sell you these parts. By the way, I'm just down the street from you in the People's Republik of Kambridge.

Myles

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Myles
It's the biggest PITA about this whole industry- i can't stand it. The idea that i have to send a simple mechanical movement all the way back to Japan just to get a f'ing part is insane.

I got in a horrendous go- round with the lovely people at Oris sev years back. I wanted a crown and a stem- that's it. Nope. They refused to sell the parts to anyone. What dicks.

How's life in the Land of the Liberal? I haven't been in there in ages. I was in harvard square every weekend when i was a kid.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Isn't the crown gasket the same as an SKX007?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Isn't the crown gasket the same as an SKX007?
Same design, but different size AFAIK.

To the OP: I bought a spare crown/stem for my 7S26-0020 (SKX007), and it came with a gasket. I suspect the MM crown/stem assembly will ship with a gasket, too. Might be a good idea to order a crown/stem assembly while they're still available.

Myles

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Same design, but different size AFAIK.

To the OP: I bought a spare crown/stem for my 7S26-0020 (SKX007), and it came with a gasket. I suspect the MM crown/stem assembly will ship with a gasket, too. Might be a good idea to order a crown/stem assembly while they're still available.

Myles
I don't know for sure - but Boley definitely lists it as using the same one http://boley.de/referenz/seiko/35319?search=8l35-0010

1 - 9 of 9 Posts