The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha All , I need some help to find out the case number of my vintage citizen so I can order a crystal...or any info on where to source one . I have a post going using an old thread but have not received any replies so I'll start fresh. In the old thread member "SWEEPHAND" seems to have knowledge of this model.
The dial has the Citizen Logo at 12 o'clock and the pic of a jet and the words Automatic and Parashock above 6 o'clock, and 1054-1Y below 6 o'clock to the right.
The case back has the numbers B52805 and 8073009 below that . The movement is stamped 5430 under the balance wheel ...Is B52805 the case number ? And where could I find this crystal ? I called Jules Borel and they could not help me because I am not a watchmaker .
Thank You in advance for any help....Louis

Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 2.56.52 PM.png

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hi Louis, I'm sorry that I missed your post about the crystal in your other thread. B52805 is the model/case number - this style, which is quite unusual, provides a single reference number for watch makers. Usually, for the mid-1960s and later, there is a model number and a separate case number. 8073009 is the serial number and gives a production date of July 1968.

The part number for the crystal on yours is 54-0126. However, finding an original is going to be next to impossible I would think. I've had a quick look around and nothing comes up. There is a replacement acrylic crystal made by Sternkreuz, specifically for this model- this is the catalog entry from them:

XS 340.443 Sternkreuz, Citizen 54.01260 Code: XS340443

Maybe your local watch maker has one or could order one if they source crystals from Sternkreuz? Another option is you could buy one through me since I have an account with a UK supplier who looks to have one available and I could ship to you (crystal is not expensive :smile:, )

Stephen

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephen ,
Thank you so much for your fast and very informative reply. Go to a watchmaker here in Hawaii and asking for something like this and you get the Deer in the headlights blank stare , ..Just ask Longbike . If I could bother you to order and send this to me it would be very appreciated . Just let me know what I have to do on my part and of course the cost....and looking into my Crystal Ball [get it ,crystal] , I see a nice treat for you from Hawaii .

Mahalo , Louis

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
You're welcome Louis :)

I've just placed the order, delivery is usually pretty quick so the crystal should be with me early next week.

I'll pm you with my email address so we can sort out shipping etc.

Stephen

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Agreed , Hahaha

Stephen, here you ask for water and they say .
" Where Is It ", and its all around us. Hahahaha
When some one asks for water, I just point to the ocean.
Louis got that one .... " RIGHT REAL GOOD ".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Stephen, here you ask for water and they say .
" Where Is It ", and its all around us. Hahahaha
When some one asks for water, I just point to the ocean.
Louis got that one .... " RIGHT REAL GOOD ".
Like it Longbike....and that's a cool pic of some of that water :)

Stephen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts