The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on a Japanese site a while ago with no info on the watch and have been looking for one ever since with no luck. So WIS's i'd like to find out what it is so i can hunt one down, so far i've been looking at all the Seiko 5 sports 70m on the web, man has that become tiring. So to help reduce the odds i need your help :)

Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I am pretty certain this is a 5126-8090 with a silver dial as opposed to the more common (they are both rare though) black dial version. Here is a pic of the black dial..

I have been searching for a long time for one of these as well. Most date from 1968 and 1969. If you find 2, let me know :)

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, that's the one! Now that i have a number to go with, the odds are now in my favour. So the silver was the least popular of the two? I must admit the black looks damn fine in its own right. I was thinking along the same lines asisupsyclone that it was a rehash with a replacement bezel, So happy that it's not ;D
The hunt is on (for two) !! 1968-9 you say, mmmmm, happy with that.
Rod

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I love those old 5126 models. Here is my recently restored 5126-6030...

Make sure when you find two they are the same color, otherwise I think you wont send me one.. :)

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Technoman said:
I love those old 5126 models. Here is my recently restored 5126-6030...

Make sure when you find two they are the same color, otherwise I think you wont send me one.. :)

Yep, I can see how they can be addictive, I like the squarish case and the diver bezel ring which gives the watch a "large" look with out using a large face. etc

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tc1234567 said:
That is a 5126-8090. See the attached yahoo Japan Auction extract translated by google.
[/quote]

Did this one sell? That's the one Technoman and I are after, looking good ;D

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tc1234567 said:
This model is so common & ugly that I will not buy it, nor you should. :))

Think your right ??? I'm going to buy them all and destroy them they're that ugly ;D

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I wish you good luck in your search, but honestly, even with the model number in hand I doubt your odds have increased much :) Like I said, I have been on the search for a long time. Your best bet is a proxy who can purchase from you off of Yahoo Japan...

otr002 said:
Awesome, that's the one! Now that i have a number to go with, the odds are now in my favour.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
The 8100 is nice too, I let one of those go before I really got into the sports divers, wish I never had. It has a lovely deep blue dial on it that looks much better in person than most of the pictures I have seen.

Anybody in Japan want some finder fee money for hunting me down some nice 5126's???? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts