The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently came across a photo of a Seiko SKX009 mod and was hoping someone here might know where to source the parts.
Multiple people asked the poster of the photo who did the mod but he never replied. The photo is his.
Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,533 Posts
Aged color relume of hands and dial, beads of rice bracelet, sapphire crystal, maybe, can’t really tell. That’s it, a subtle mod. I like it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aged color relume of hands and dial, beads of rice bracelet, sapphire crystal, maybe, can’t really tell. That’s it, a subtle mod. I like it

I know where the bracelet is from. The bezel is also a replacement, made to look like bakelite. Also, the day and date wheels have been aged. Do you think the original components were relumed/aged or replaced completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would say aged and quite subtly done - of course we don't know if there were any filters applied to the shot you have enclosed. I have seen aftermarket patina/coffee colour dials but they're really better described as fake because they bear the Seiko brand name, and they're not very subtle.

Do you think the original components were relumed/aged or replaced completely?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think its Photoshop because the end of the second hand and the Seiko Logo dont have a reflection. Aging the bezel insert to match the color of the lume is also very hard in reality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts