The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Like many of us, I am taking the opportunity to get lots of little jobs done. One is replacing the cracked crystal on my 7015 6010 Time Sonar.
Foolishly, I have already bought two that are not right...
310W17GN is about a mm too narrow.
330W16GN looks like the right diameter but is domed, it's supposed to be flat.
Any wisdom much appreciated
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Now for actual helpful advice, Stsupplyonline.com appears has them in stock. Shoot them an email to check.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think the crystal on mine is original and it seems to be slightly tinted (for use in strong sunlight). That is why i consider the "Time Sonar" to be the real boating watch. The Yachtmaster is good, but it dosn't say Yacht on it anywhere. Mine is the desirable 23 jewel version.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
If it's a flat crystal you can modify a generic one to match the chamfered Seiko edge. I can't find an example of the 320W17GN to examine to see if it's concaved on the underside, but here is my thread on modifying a generic crystal to match the steep chamfer of a Seiko crystal.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Yek! Good luck finding one.

I'll probably get told off for this from the usual suspects but - you may be able to get one that is very close and glue it in.
I agree that there are probably many other choices that are close enough to fit snugly enough for the occasional wear in roatation, from original Seiko OEM 320W... series to plenty of chamfered generics for a quarter of the price. And there is no shame in using a slightly not 100% perfect crystal to see a good dial in it glory.

But - and this is a big one - never glue a glass crystal in place. That is just bad practice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts