The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to purchase a 6105-8110 and this one came up locally.

I've never handled one of these and was hoping for a bit of help from some more knowledgeable members.

1. Crown appears to be original. I can count 7 ridges in some photos but only 6 on others.

2. Bezel and insert appear original. Matte black with correct font.

3. Hands look original with two bevels and the seconds hand looks flat.

4. The crystal I'm not sure about? Type III?

5. Dial has rounded date window, flat top A, hour markers look correct shape, fonts look OK.

No movement shot.

Any help or advice would be apprecietd.

20200410_132419.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-132444_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-132512_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-132524_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-132534_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help Tiger and msl_laubo

Would it be $1600 USD nice?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Puh, hard to say. It seems the prices are dropping down at the moment. Many Willards on the market now. I let my go for less than 1400$, some conditions. But anyway, if you want it buy it.

Martin

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Puh, hard to say. It seems the prices are dropping down at the moment. Many Willards on the market now. I let my go for less than 1400$, some conditions. But anyway, if you want it buy it.

Martin

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Martin,
I'll keep negotiating.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
For me no not $1600 nice, I recently sold one a lot better than that (imo) for about that price, but a lot going for it because its not full of after market crap, I would want to pay $1000/$1250 but i'm tight as well :)
That being the case John, what price for that silver Pogue? ;)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For me no not $1600 nice, I recently sold one a lot better than that (imo) for about that price, but a lot going for it because its not full of after market crap, I would want to pay $1000/$1250 but i'm tight as well :)
Thanks Tiger,
Looks like I have a lot of negotiating to do!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thanks Tiger,
Looks like I have a lot of negotiating to do!
John's estimate is a bit low. Just go through USA ebay sold listings for watches in the same condition to get a better idea of what you should pay. This one is OK but not brilliant. You can see the black pitting starting to appear on the hands around the edge of the lume. The dial looks good. Case looks good too.

The Aussie dollar is fairly week which does not help.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John's estimate is a bit low. Just go through USA ebay sold listings for watches in the same condition to get a better idea of what you should pay. This one is OK but not brilliant. You can see the black pitting starting to appear on the hands around the edge of the lume. The dial looks good. Case looks good too.

The Aussie dollar is fairly week which does not help.
Thanks IMeasure.

Gave it a shot at $1330 USD but got knocked back.
The search now continues.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
here's what i think which is worth $.02. once you buy "it", whether it be this one or another, at whatever price which may be more or less, you won't really even care or remember what you paid for it if you tend to keep your watches for a while. all you will be thinking about is the smile on your face every time you look at it on your wrist. you'll also find yourself having to look at the watch more than once to get the time as you will often look at your wrist just to take a peek at the cool bauble that sits atop it. LOL. MTFBWY in the hunt!

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
519 Posts
Don´t know. Thought that mine is the real one. Saw that on may posts in different forums.
Anyway, looking good.
Maybe Baris knows the thruth ;-)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts