The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this from India. The vendor told me it is a new mint condition original watch. As far as I can tell it is genuine but I am sure someone will tell me if they have doubts.
The case number is 4-R18029 RC and serial number 830660. The dial number is 8200-R78215-T.
I am guessing at 1988 or 98 but help would be appreciated.
I have noticed that it keeps stopping unless it is warm so I suspect that Duckhams may work in a HHC but I will probably have to relubricate with Moebius for the UK.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well it can just be old grease and oils that are making it sticky too...i am sure it needs a good service...it look quite nice...i am not sure if it is real or not..but if it is a fake...they did a lot of details to make it look real...God Bless John...i did a little looking and found that movement with the same weight shape with Ramon...so at least the movement might be real

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think that one's ok Seikotone :) Certainly no earlier than 1988, but it could be 1998 given the style of the case number which is of the later type.
Stephen.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
thank you Sweephand...i knew you would chime in....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Sweephand for confirming what I thought, it is nice to get a genuine one in such good condition. I will have to keep an eye open for back catalogues to try and pin down the date. As you say Jringo I am sure a stripdown clean and relubricate will have it as good as new.
Tony

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I eventually got round to a stripdown to relubricate and found why it kept stopping. The balance jewel cap (dial side) was not fitted but loose in the works. The retaining clip was holding the main bearing in place. I managed to lose the jewel while refitting but fortunately Cousins have them in stock. Now with a service and new cap jewel fitted it is going well.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well great work...very glad it turned out well...thank you for the update...God Bless John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts