The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Please would you direct me to decent crystal press I could use for the Dagaz super dome crystal? It's to be installed onto an SKX007.

I'm wary of some of the eBay offerings, but don't have Burgeon money.

I suppose the press should have nylon dies.

I would hope to also use the press for a sapphire install onto my Nighthawk.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Those look pretty reasonable in terms of price.

Do you happen to know if any of those have a die I can use for the Dagaz superdome crystal? The issue is that shipping is a pain where I am, so i hope to get everything at one time.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should mention that I'm not expecting the die to fit perfectly, just get the job done adequately.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
An aluminium die isn't going to be harsher to stainless parts than a plastic one. When fitting more delicate parts like bezel inserts or plastic crystals I'd protect them with soft tape or a fine cloth just in case, no matter what sort of die was used. Occasionally you get a part that needs a bit more oomph to push home, and the extra rigidity you get with metal dies over plastic helps I think. Swings and roundabouts, each to their own etc.

Reactions: Ugly

·
Registered
844 Posts
Any of them will work...most important thing is that they are "true" or "square" and they stay that way with considerable pressure. 5mm thick dial will require more force to press than 1mm crystals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts