The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and happy new year. I’m here to pick the brains of the better informed. Also might find a nice watch to buy along the way….who knows.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello and a happy new year to you too. You'll be glad you joined every time someone answers an enquiry – I know I am. The people here are great!

·
Special Member
3,473 Posts
Welcome! What are you looking to acquire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! What are you looking to acquire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently I’m desperately seeking a case tube for my 5m63 0A10 SMY300P screw down crown.
Or compatible case with a good tube.
or direction to a source of either. Just bought a stem & Crown only to discover the case tube thread is shot. 😭

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am currently super happy with my 5M63- 0A10 SMY003P …. I was fairly shattered after being told my case tubes’ thread’s were likely as poor as my crowns’ , and repair to my tiktok, was likely to be at best, expensive, if indeed achievable, in a way that kept full originality.
Well my new original Seiko crown & stem from Cousins, arrived today, and without the slightest hesitation, screwed down just as it should and held solidly !
The watch is of great sentimental worth and not been worn for the last 12mths after the crown refused to screw down and lock. I am absolutely overjoyed.
As means are a tad tight post Christmas, I was going to take the chance and have a go at sorting the issue myself. I’m so glad I haven’t had to source a suitable interchangeable case or challenge my dodgy diy skills and attempt the removal of the old case tube and instal of a replacement.

Now I need a new focus for my attentions….. wristwatch ones of course. I’m tempted to have a go at my first mod of a Seiko diver. Any suggestions on which model to use as a base and ideas for something fairly different but aesthetically nice would be greatly appreciated. As a complete newbie to modding ….and if I’m honest ….any kind of watchmaking, I’ll no doubt be picking many a brain in the search for direction, help & advice. But I’m keen to learn and want to build something slightly unusual maybe, but definately something I can say I did myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts