The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I've been in the watch site for a month but only just seen this :) ooopppsss.
So, I repair vintage Seiko Analogue with the digital LCD display watches, down to component level. I really enjoy my work and there is no better feeling than when you put one of these bad boys back together and they work perfectly :) (Well I say nothing better, should I say nothing better than what you can do one your own....welllllll...tell you what I will just stop there before I get thrown out of the site :) ).
I like the challenge of repairing these as they can be quite fiddly and frustrating, but patience always wins in the end, even when you are on your hands and knees looking for a screw which pinged out of your tweezers lol.
I have just had to straighten two teeth on the hour wheel want to know how? lol just ask....
Also in the process of repairing a circuit board with a new pad, although I haven't quite figured all of it out yet about halfway there :)
Oh this is my hobby, my grown up job is an Openreach telecoms engineer.

Anyway that's me.

·
Premium Member
9,611 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums! glad to have you.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Gidday mate,
welcome your gunna like it here.
we have all been on our knees at some stage (no pun intended)
head to your local home depot - or the English equivalent, and pick up a nice long magnetic strip, glue this to a stick and you will save a lot of search time.:)
(you will also need to get yourself a demagnitiser, a cheap one from ebay will do the trick )

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Welcome, this is a great skill set to have for this forum. What country do you hail from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts