The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,

Thought I would register on the forum and introduce myself, my names Danny and I hail from the sunshine state of the UK. I've been a long time reader and contributor to the OF forums and have been directed to the Watch Site forum in order to be put in touch with experts in Japanese pieces ;)

I currently own an SMP 300 (212.30.41.20.01.003), and I'm looking into expanding my collection. Recently, I've been learning just how superb the Seiko range is, and for the price, believe every collector should have at least 1 in their collection. This brings me to my reason for joining, aside to read through another forum from a host of experts and enthusiasts in Japanese pieces.

I was wondering what everyone's opinion on the Flightmaster range is? As I said, I'm fairly new to the Seiko range, and aside from some very limited knowledge, I think for my budget, the Flightmaster is what appeals to me most; a Bellmatic would be fantastic, although I don't believe my budget (£200ish) would stretch far enough to find a good example.

If anyone is able to spread some more light, and their opinions of the Flighty, more specifically the SNA411P1, I'd be greatly appreciative. The only point stopping me from pulling the trigger is the quartz movement. Now I know, that statement can sound a bit naive, however, coming from Omegas perspective, is the SNA411P1 seen in similar terms to SMP quartz 2541.80, as in, the quartz movement is recognised to be superb...I just don't know!

It's all fun and games, and the hunt is the best part, that's what I keep telling myself :p

Anyway, any help would be fantastic!

Hope everyone is staying as safe as possible during these (very) strange times, all the best.

Danny

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Gidday Welcome to the watch site,
your gunna like it here.
UK = Sunshine ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Danny! Also a member of OF here learning about the ´rabbit hole´ known as Seiko :ROFLMAO: Don´t know much about the floghtmaster but hey for €249you can´t go wrong really! Just got a SKX009 diver, had vintage Speedmasters and a GMT Master´s and honestly the Seiko value proposition is convincing. I particularly like the fact that you don´t have to constantly worry about reducing the value of your timepiece by $1000 by dinging it or scratching it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts