The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m glad to be back. I was on the forum previously, but only for a short time. That was about 20 years ago, when it was still hosted on Network54. Back then I had grandiose plans to bring a basket-case Seiko back to its former glory and bought a 6139-8010 as a barely running project from Ramon in the Philippines. As is often the way with plans, life happened with complete disregard for mine and that chronograph languished in a draw until I sold it on Ebay quite a long time later.
This time I’ve begun more realistically, with a running midsize SKX005 diver that turned up in my adopted home country of Poland. Sorry for the bad photo, which I took with my phone. The guy who sold it to sent it in an otherwise empty five-watch box, so I think that I’ll be adding another Seiko or two before too long, or maybe a Citizen otherwise. My searches will certainly make me much more a seeker of advice than a giver of it, but I hope to change that imbalance once I learn some things myself.

Anyway, thanks for reading my introduction.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I’m glad to hear you have found your way back! There might be the semblance of change since the light blue background days, but a lot of the old timers are still around- it would be great if they sounded off here in this thread.

Enjoy your stay!

·
Special Member
11,120 Posts
I don't believe I knew you in the previous life but welcome back - good to have you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the welcomes.
Mwadner: "What a man doesn't remember, doesn't exist for him" (Robert Ludlum) and the converse ought to be true, so remembering the forum fondly from back then makes it still real.
Roningrad: love the 'Stang. The Mustang II deserves to be remembered better. I remember a neighbour of my grandmother's in London inspiring awe in me with his silver fastback back in the 80s.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Welcome again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Welcome back
great to have u with us again
Please stay safe out there
You will love it here
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m glad to be back. I was on the forum previously, but only for a short time. That was about 20 years ago, when it was still hosted on Network54. Back then I had grandiose plans to bring a basket-case Seiko back to its former glory and bought a 6139-8010 as a barely running project from Ramon in the Philippines. As is often the way with plans, life happened with complete disregard for mine and that chronograph languished in a draw until I sold it on Ebay quite a long time later.
This time I’ve begun more realistically, with a running midsize SKX005 diver that turned up in my adopted home country of Poland. Sorry for the bad photo, which I took with my phone. The guy who sold it to sent it in an otherwise empty five-watch box, so I think that I’ll be adding another Seiko or two before too long, or maybe a Citizen otherwise. My searches will certainly make me much more a seeker of advice than a giver of it, but I hope to change that imbalance once I learn some things myself.

Anyway, thanks for reading my introduction. View attachment 459178
Always open to learn something as well in this great forum. Welcome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts