The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I have just joined the forum.

I am a long term watch enthusiast but am only a recent Seiko convert.

Have a lot to learn but am sure I am in the right place.

My first question is are there any repair guys on the forum?

Current requirement is for a replacement crystal on a SKX 031 (case number 7s26 0040).

I am in the UK and live East London/Essex border.

I am also looking for an original or Seiko black or Pepsi bezel or bezel insert only for this watch.

Have tried various aftermarket bezel inserts but they all have problems.

Firstly they are thicker than the original and most are also slightly wider. As a result they sit slightly proud of the crystal rather than just below the crystal. The red and blue colours are also not quite correct - the red is usually a pink/red.

Obviously would prefer a mint bezel insert but will consider slight wear.

Will answer all messages.

Hope this is posted in the right forum, Jack

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Welcome to the Psycho Ward Jack! We're all a little Crazy about our Seikos!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Welcome! Always good to get new members to share our love and insanity for watches. I wonder if Seiko would sell a rotating ring directly to you or if you went to an Authorized Dealer to ask them to order it? I cannot imagine the part is not available as the watch hasn't been discontinued for that long. Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for your welcomes.

I did try Seiko UK and the bezel has been discontinued. Also tried Cousins but same answer.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Welcome :)

The aftermarket glasses for that model are excellent :)

Have bought and fitted many (hundreds) of the aftermarket bezel insert I find they are too. Leave the original spacer out and sometimes they are a bit tight to fit in the bezel but better than too lose.

Seiko agents are never going to have a part that old. I got a nos bezel for a Seiko from Seiko here that is for a watch that is about 15 years old but that is exceptionally old for them :(

There may be a nos one somewhere.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to a forum member I have now sourced the all the parts I had listed and all NOS as well!

What a great forum.

Keep well everyone.

Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts