The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, can you recommend a watch shipping method, USA to Hong Kong? >>>

Good morning folks,

I hope your Saturday is starting well, mine is cold and rainy, which is perfect! :eek:

Now I don't have to mow my lawn! :)

But I do have to mail some watches to Hong Kong. Can you recommend the preferred shipping method? I would like speedy service and the ability to insure this package for US$800. I would guess FedEx is the way to go? I believe the USPS won't insure "jewelry" sent to foreign lands for over US$50? ::)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-*

- Thomas

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Re: Hello folks, can you recommend a watch shipping method, USA to Hong Kong? >>>

I have shipped watches to HK via USPS Express Mail International with insurance and tracking for about $30.00. I believe you can also add additional insurance.
Check out this link for more information. ;)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hello folks, can you recommend a watch shipping method, USA to Hong Kong? >>>

Thanks John! I ended up going with Insured Registered US Mail for $32.58.

And the Post Office gave me a big song and dance about how the Hope Diamond was sent with Insured Registered US mail and so forth, but when I got home, I notice the receipt says, Insured Value $45.62, Article Value $800.00?!? ::) What is that about? :-X

Oh well, I'll just hope they arrive safely! :-[

By the way, first time I've had to return defective watches, I guess I'm going to have to 'eat' the return shipping, but I should expect the refund to include the shipping to me, yes? No? ???

- Thomas

·
Registered
530 Posts

U.S Postal service registered Mail is the most secure method and you can get insurance for any item and any value but that's only for items shipped within the U.S. International is far different. Once it leaves the U.S USPS has no control over it. each country has a max insurance and for most it's shockingly low. I know of no way to ship a watch especially an expensive one with insurance. UPS and Fedex won't insure it and neither will EMS. You need a secondary outfit like parcel pro to do it. Cheap watches no problem.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you Nelson!

I understand there are "third party" firms that will provide insurance, and as a plus, the package is not marked "Insured".

I chose Insured Registered US Mail, at least it is very trackable (as to who handled it and so forth).

I'll just hope they arrive safely, I am returning defective watches to a trusted seller, to whom I have been a long standing and loyal customer! These should not have been sent to me in the first place, so the added stress of having to return them was quite upsetting. :(

But I am over it now! ;D Que sera, sera! ;D

- Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts