The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have just joined this excellent forum! I'm a big watch fan, although I don't own (yet!) any luxury-branded watches. And sometimes I feel that the prices aren't really justifiable! I have always had a passion for Citizen watches. I was given a quartz chronograph Citizen many years ago. I loved it, but unfortunately one of the markers on the dial came off :( I made the mistake of not having it repaired by Citizen. Therefore eventually I had to throw it away :( I wish I could remember the model number but I can't. I think it was 1996-1998 when I got it.

My collection at the moment only consists of a Orient Black Mako. It's an alright watch. Although I doubt I'd buy another Orient without seeing it. Which is difficult as they aren't sold in many shops!

Although I will be very pleased when my latest watch arrives - it's a Citizen NY2300 black bezel. I think I might change the strap to a leather one though. I'll wait and see!

And finally, my next purchase will be another Citizen chronograph - I have seen a few Eco-Drive chronographs which I like. But I want the seconds to be at 6 or 9, not the main second hand. This will be difficult finding a Eco-Drive chronograph with seconds at 6 or 9!

That's it really! Just wanted to say Hello and thank you for such a wonderful forum!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wellcome ;) this is THE place when it comes to Japanese watches.... The Orient you have what year Mako is it ? I think they look a bang for the buck IMO..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! I am not sure what year it is, although I bought it this year. Unfortunately for some reason the sticker on the back isn't there? But I think it is the new version. It's a good watch, but I am a little disappointed by the bracelet. Plus it runs a little fast! It will still get some wrist time but not as much as my incoming ny2300.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
No worries about a "luxury" brand to post here. :)

·
Registered
29,144 Posts
Spencer said:
No worries about a "luxury" brand to post here. :)
Welcome. And I second Spencer; "luxury" watches are not an issue or an object here. Timezone may be more appropriate for that. JMHO. asleep

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome home!

Beware of those guys, they are enablers...

How about a 2100 like a WISe man said?

or in Titanium?

Oh well I guess I'm one one those enables too lol

Sorry ;)

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
normdiaz said:
Welcome. And I second Spencer; "luxury" watches are not an issue or an object here. Timezone may be more appropriate for that. JMHO. asleep
Welcome and enjoy the trip ;)

IMO and many others Seiko/Citizen ARE luxury and quality watches but in the main without the outrageous price tags !! :) ;)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
^-^ And welcome, if you wan't to see a real watch ;) Bob.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
espfrnc said:
Hi!
And finally, my next purchase will be another Citizen chronograph - I have seen a few Eco-Drive chronographs which I like. But I want the seconds to be at 6 or 9, not the main second hand. This will be difficult finding a Eco-Drive chronograph with seconds at 6 or 9!
Welcome aboard !
Here is an old thread discussing the Citizen Calibre 2100 (aka E210) Chronograph which as Jeje pointed above, imho is the absolutely BEST Chrono one can buy today in its price range:
http://larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php?mod=103&action=1&id=1183723144
Enjoy the forum and check the archives, there's a lot of excellent info and pics there!
Cheers,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts