The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been a watch lover for years and have amassed a small collection of (mostly cheap) watches. I have several Seikos, including a 1971 7005-8032 that belonged to my father. The rest are mostly quartz but I'm just getting interested in modding.

For my first project I'd like to start simple and change the ugly bezel on my 7T62-0CN0 (SNA251P1). Does anybody know if all Seiko bezels are interchangeable for a given case size? If so, does anybody know a more reliable (consistent) supplier than eBay?

My second question concerns the 7005. I had it restored a few years ago as, after 35 years on my father's wrist it had taken a hammering! The guy that did the job made a fair job of the watch but made a right dog's breakfast of the band. It's a 'Railroad' style band in gold plate and the links were silver in colour, but this guy just dumped the whole thing into the plating solution, I don't think he even cleaned it first! The result is that the band now looks terrible. Is there a way of stripping off the gold plate to reveal the polished steel in the links, obviously after stripping the links out first? Also, what is the likelihood of getting a spare link for it so that my fingers don't drop off when I wear it, or a new bracelet in the same style?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply but what I need to know is, if I remove my bezel and measure it, will any Seiko bezel of the same size fit?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply but what I need to know is, if I remove my bezel and measure it, will any Seiko bezel of the same size fit?
i would not think so, but i could be wrong. i have been buying a lot of bezels
lately...you can contact yobokies though scwf, i believe, or email him,
email is:

[email protected] you'd be writing to harold ng

you might find your bezel there, or you might have to scour ebay....

best regards,

peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts