The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys and gals, here's a great tip:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361222671179

For £2.50 plus postage you get TWO very high quality original Citizen watch stands! That's half the price of a crappy acrylic one which will fall apart after a couple of uses. The bases are lovely retro 70s and the flexible bands are actually high quality steel covered in rubber!! I found that out as I wanted to remove the stand spike from one of them to use without the base. After 2 minutes sawing with a hacksaw I needed my Dremmel to complete the job! These will literally last a life time! In the past I've purchased umpteen acrylic ones and they have all broken within a very short time.

If you're into photography, this is what you need to hold the strap or bracelet on a nice, rounded position. If you collect Citizen watches, well, you get the message. Go buy some! (I have no affiliation with the seller etc...)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and the Citizen logo is on the right side so if you're displaying other watches, from the front the logo can't be seen.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Very nice, just ordered 2, one of each size

Great spot, thanks

A

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's cool... And hey, you can pick up a JLC stand from the related items, in case you want some affordable luxury!

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
Dagnabit, won't ship across the pond.........:(

·
Craftsman
3,878 Posts
I'd just shoot him a note and ask. He seems like a nice guy. Otherwise I'm sure one of us over here could ship some to you.

:grin:
I thought about that but after reading this in the listing decided against it.

I will only post to a UK address, items will not be sent abroad, any requests to ship overseas will receive no response.

Luckily, I received a nice thoughtful offer from Jim.......;)
Thank you Jim!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought about that but after reading this in the listing decided against it.

I will only post to a UK address, items will not be sent abroad, any requests to ship overseas will receive no response.

Luckily, I received a nice thoughtful offer from Jim.......;)
Thank you Jim!
Great stuff. Didn't see that in the listing. Good you got sorted, tho!

·
Administrator
32,629 Posts
I've just been "speaking" to Malcolm the seller and he does have some more small stands to sell but ebay won't let him list them at the moment because he has reached his selling limit so best to contact him direct and he will sort you out i'm sure :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Mine landed too, well pleased with them

Many thanks for the heads up

A

Sent via t'interweb thingy using magic n stuff....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts