The Watch Site banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
This thread is epic, and so very interesting to any Seiko watch lover/collector (Isn't the same?)

Should be saved someplace accesible to everyone. This forum, SCWF, really marks the difference.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm curious... There are literally thousands of 6309 baketcases that are full of aftermarket parts coming out of the Phillipines, and I've always wondered where the heck do they find all of them? Did they just get an inordinately large number of them from Seiko over the years, or perhaps from the Malaysian factories? Is it a precursor to this scheme with the 6138s that these crooks are modeling their scam off of? I guess that's more of a rhetorical question, and nobody will ever know for sure.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sometimes it feels like Seiko was, for the phillipine time keeping market, what Honda CUB was for asian mobility...
There is still an unexhausted ressource of old well used Seikos to be exploited there.
It is actually our falt, that we are ready to pay horid prices for what was originally mass consumption products.
We are actually asking to be fooled and the suppliers are only fulfilling our own wish.

Scoobadoo

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well our hairless ebayer, hell with it: BALD_PETEY has another 6138-7000 for sale now.

2 on the bay, one's already up to £62.

THESE ARE FAKE WATCHES REPRESENTED AS GENUINE

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Contacted bald petey and mentioned that he has two fakes ,with same serial #, he replied that he was selling them for a friend and did not notice the #...
He removed one...

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
I contacted myretro- watches and after a bit of back and forth with him asking for proof despite me telling him where he would find all the info he would need for proof ie here on this thread.I finally told him to look on ebay for baldy petes listing His email reply was quote ;Oh evidence enough case solved; unquote. This was yesterday afternoon iv'e just checked his web site and the watch is still for sale discription unchanged. I don't know about you guys but i'm saving hard for one of his NOS seiko's :57:

He also said in one of his emails [ I am not convinced and you should not believe everything they say on forums most are idiots talking about things they do not know as they do not have a life]

What a charming man .

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
scubarob99 said:
Contacted bald petey and mentioned that he has two fakes ,with same serial #, he replied that he was selling them for a friend and did not notice the #...
He removed one...

Interesting, yet he continues to sell the other even though he now should know it is fake.

Also interesting is the movement shot from his current 6138-7000 auction, anybody spot the issue here?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Technoman said:
Interesting, yet he continues to sell the other even though he now should know it is fake.

Also interesting is the movement shot from his current 6138-7000 auction, anybody spot the issue here?

Looks like they will re-use just about any movements that they can to get these going.
[/quote]

Something else besides the wrong movement that I have learned from this topic is that the thread for the caseback to screw into goes to far down the case. I don't know the correct English word for it but I believe it is thread.

This topic is by far the most interesting I have read since joining this forum, I want to thank all the participants for sharing their information. :bravo_2:

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
jimmy1963 said:
He also said in one of his emails [ I am not convinced and you should not believe everything they say on forums most are idiots talking about things they do not know as they do not have a life]

Has he been reading my posts ? :(

I was thinking while reading this post that now any mint/nos ones of these will obviously cause most of our guys to check them out in depth but it could be a problem if any of these guys decide it might be better to "age" them, scratched crystals a little bit of grunge etc.

·
Registered
550 Posts
jimmy1963 said:
...most are idiots talking about things they do not know as they do not have a life]
Reading this, the only thing I felt was still left to do is add my picture to it and upload the text to Wikipedia under the term: "Forum member" :))

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was thinking while reading this post that now any mint/nos ones of these will obviously cause most of our guys to check them out in depth but it could be a problem if any of these guys decide it might be better to "age" them, scratched crystals a little bit of grunge etc.
With respect, who cares what they do to the fakes?

Because of this thread and the idiocy of the fakers to only produce one caseback number, we've all now got the ammunition we need to avert any more painful puchases.

One question on any 6138-7000 and you'll know.

Also they are relatively scarce. My UK search I just did brought up 2, so it's not like they'er overwhelming us.

Sadly, anyone who does accidentally buy one will have to put it down on the list with all the other potential pitfalls that any newcomer can fall into.

·
Registered
50 Posts
jair1970 said:
With respect, who cares what they do to the fakes?

Because of this thread and the idiocy of the fakers to only produce one caseback number, we've all now got the ammunition we need to avert any more painful puchases.

One question on any 6138-7000 and you'll know.

Also they are relatively scarce. My UK search I just did brought up 2, so it's not like they'er overwhelming us.

Sadly, anyone who does accidentally buy one will have to put it down on the list with all the other potential pitfalls that any newcomer can fall into.
They are scarcely offered because the scum doesn't want to make you supicious.

Wouldn't you think if they were offered by the dozens people would start thinking something was wrong? Atleast that is my thought..
Hopefully they didn't sell to much and are still stuck with loads of these fakes.
Atleast now we know what to look out for, until they change the serials and the 00 on the dial...

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
axb said:

[/quote]I guess your offer (as fair as it was) has been declined.
I contacted the seller yesterday, told him it was a fake with the same serial # as dozens of others. I mentioned an investigation by ebay and Seiko... clearly not easily discouraged .

·
Registered
645 Posts
Incredible post. Thanks to Thanapa OP and to all who contributed to this development.

Is it possible to sell a fake one on the bay with a super high price that no one would actually buy it, but the listing would state it is a fake and is more of an informational advert/warning to prospective buyer? Just a thought.

Rob T

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
5seikos said:
Incredible post. Thanks to Thanapa OP and to all who contributed to this development.

Is it possible to sell a fake one on the bay with a super high price that no one would actually buy it, but the listing would state it is a fake and is more of an informational advert/warning to prospective buyer? Just a thought.

Rob T

I thought about doing that with mine, as at least I own it. I fear however that eBay would ironically take action against it should you declare it to be non-original in the listing. Let me think if I can come up with a clever way of describing it so that would work.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts