The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is James and I am new here, just lstartingto love vintage seiko watches.

i recently got this old seiko from the flea market.
When I opened it up, I realised the 7019A movement is different from the usual.

Instead of "Seiko" and "Japan" with 21J printed in the usual 7019 movement. (As copied from the net below)

It had twentyone jewel spent out and printed is Seiko time corp.

I wonder if you guys ever seen this movement printed this way. Does it look correct/ authentic?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Hi James and welcome to the forum
Ive asked a very similar question before and researched as much as i could, but couldn't come up with a definitive answer.
The 70xx movement has a habit of wearing out the mainspring arbor bush in the train bridge, and i wonder if the unwritten bridge is a Seiko "one fits all" replacement.
The later 7s26 didnt have a written train bridge, did Seiko stop using written bridges toward the end of the 70xx production?

Looking at the pic of your movement the fist thing i notice is that it has what looks like "SIN" stamped on the mainplate by the balance wheel well. That denotes its a Singapore made movement. As far as i'm aware the 7019A was a japan only movement.
I think you may have a movement made from parts, but im no expert.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ivorbiggin,

That was really helpful. I decided to bring it to a watch maker and he basically said the same thing as you, it is likely a movement made from parts.
He said it didn't make sense to made a fake movement of this quality, but yet it's not all original.

This is good learning, Thankfully a not too expensive one.

Regards,
James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts