The Watch Site banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
It's not much to look at and only cost about $20 USD but this 6309 purchased as a donor has been running at +0.34 sec/day with a 48 hour power reserve.

20200708_145515.jpg

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
For me it is Scurfa watches. Paul Scurfield, British sat diver designed these and I’ve collected nearly all he has produced. I bought his first model (upper left) and was impressed and slowly began to acquire others. What I thought was a one and done purchase has turned into a watch storage dilema
1A14C67F-3B2B-4C8C-B326-B1C39505B8B2.jpeg

·
Registered
404 Posts
SBBN015. Just didn't know what the hoopla was about. Thought it was ugly and would bee too bulky. Then I got a great deal on one. Really starting to find it a go to when not at the job.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This ridiculous thing has unexpectedly found a place in my heart. The utility of the alarm feature is questionable since setting it is a guessing game. There's a wind up toy quality about the watch that you need a sense of humor to appreciate. The "serious" collector need not bother.
It's the color scheme that captivates on this watch. Someone at Seiko was channeling their inner Van Gogh mixing primaries, pastels and a dial that looks black in photos but is actually a deep royal blue. I'd put it up against the funkiest of the 70m skin divers in a beauty contest (plus a complication!)
It's my go-to when I want to smile View attachment 453251
View attachment 453252
View attachment 453253
View attachment 453254
I really like this watch. What model number is it? Thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts