The Watch Site banner

541 - 560 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got the old stereo cabinet from my mom.
Looking slightly more organised. Still very happy that my girlfriend accepts all this.
Old situation was slightly less ideal :) (second photo)
Nice looking Dual up on top. 1219?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
When you Just Need to Go Portable with Old School Minidisc 💽
All Mint and Most Importantly Of All They Are All Working👍

Attachments

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Thanks, yes the 200 CD Kenwood is working fine again after some fiddling with the mechanism.
DS Sir well done they are also a great Storage Option for CD’s as well.👍
I’m 100 discs up on you😜👏👏👏

Attachments

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Yes, working very nicely, I'll have to service the arm lift though. (Needs new lubricant)
Well worth Doing DS Sir as a Smooth Slow
Descent To your Vinyl Is imperative.👍 I Did One Of My Turntables about a year ago.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Well worth Doing DS Sir as a Smooth Slow
Descent To your Vinyl Is imperative.👍 I Did One Of My Turntables about a year ago.
Yes, I can't use the automatic functions right now, no damping at all so the needle is dropping hard on the record. It's a big job though so I've been postponing it for a while. The motor is cleaned and lubed and the idler wheel is replaced with an aluminium/PU one. So manually, I can already enjoy my records :)

That Sony cd changer is very cool Neil, I'm wondering (with my Kenwood) if there was any skimping on the audio parts, compared to a single cd player?

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #549 (Edited)
New belts for my cassette player. Fiddly job but operation is smooth and reliable once again.
DS Sir Sunday Maintenance😜 Great Job👏👏👏
I love the Nakamichi Tape decks and who can Forget the ultimate Nakamichi Dragon which was a bit of a Grail for me years ago but I opted for a Twin Sony Deck The TC-WA9ES then I added a Yamaha KX580 which I replaced when tape players went Off the boil and bought a brand new Marantz DD82 Digital Compact Cassette Deck (which I still use Today) it has the benefit of still being able to play Normal Tapes And Digital Cassettes👏 Reminds me I must get it serviced as the Electrolytic Capacitors it has are prone to leakage but not many people Service them anymore apart from a guy in the US called Doctor DCC So That’s going to be an expensive exercise unless I attempt it myself🙈

Attachments

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I love old hi fi and love to see them back working again
I miss a old Realistic SCR 8 my grandmother got me when i was young
I hope to find another again
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
I love old hi fi and love to see them back working again
I miss a old Realistic SCR 8 my grandmother got me when i was young
I hope to find another again
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
😜👍👍👍

Attachments

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
New cartridge holder thingy. Old holder had very crappy connectors, every time I wanted to play a record, left or right usually failed, minutes of messing with the connectors to be able to finally listen to a record.
It's not exactly the same holder but it fits and the connectors are much better.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
New belts in my CD player, smoothly closing of the metal drawer in stead of slipping sounds and having to "help" the drawer to close or open.
Coppered housing, Nichicon capacitors :)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
New belts in my CD player, smoothly closing of the metal drawer in stead of slipping sounds and having to "help" the drawer to close or open.
Coppered housing, Nichicon capacitors :)
DS Sir Commendable Work And Looks Very Clean Inside👏👏👏
Ive never had Much to do with Onkyo yet I do rate them Highly.
Don’t you just love it when it all comes together.
Your Turntable Cartridge also was a sweet Job Well Done.
That’s what I like about My Technics SL1210MK2 as I can just swap over the cartridges and Stylus easily then just adjust the Tracking Force and Anti Skate
Then it’s Done👍
I’m loving my Nagaoka MP-110 Cart at the moment and it’s definitely the best sound for the money I’ve heard So far.

I’m still debating on a Record Clamp as I’ve never used one.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
New cartridge holder thingy. Old holder had very crappy connectors, every time I wanted to play a record, left or right usually failed, minutes of messing with the connectors to be able to finally listen to a record.
It's not exactly the same holder but it fits and the connectors are much better.
DS Sir Top Marks for the Work👏👏👏 Excellent Job,Great Pics And Read 👍

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
DS Sir Top Marks for the Work Excellent Job,Great Pics And Read
Thanks Neil :)
The ADC cartridge is my dad's, he kept it when he sold his dual in the seventies, sold his record player with a cheaper cartridge.
Cartridge hadn't been used for many years, as my parents used a Thorens TD160 with ortofon cartridge.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #558
Thanks Neil :)
The ADC cartridge is my dad's, he kept it when he sold his dual in the seventies, sold his record player with a cheaper cartridge.
Cartridge hadn't been used for many years, as my parents used a Thorens TD160 with ortofon cartridge.
DS Sir you have made a great Catch with Dads forward thinking to keep the Cart
And without having had much use it should still give Sufficient play time for you to enjoy it for many hours.Well Done And Enjoy👏👏👏

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Thanks Neil,
The needle is newer, original needle really took a beating, rattling around in the drawer for many years. The hifi shop happened to have an original replacement needle from a more expensive version. Fits perfectly. And I've got a Shure M91MGD with 78RPM needle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dutchsiberia that's a very good looking cartridge sled! Where did you find it? I would love to have a few nice new ones myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

541 - 560 of 585 Posts