The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a new domed Sapphire in my Seiko 6309-7040. Had to swap movements as well. & decided to pop on the red second hand. Pretty happy with the outcome.
Seems I'm developing a pattern with red second hands....
(Leather band is temporary, looking for a solid stainless bracelet with straight ends)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice look I happen to like the red or red tip second hand just makes it easier for me to see!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey hey! I've been looking for a pic of a 6309-704x on a wide strap!! Would you happen to have a wrist shot?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey hey! I've been looking for a pic of a 6309-704x on a wide strap!! Would you happen to have a wrist shot?

I'll send you a shot later today. It is a surf watch strap. Sits pretty high with the leather under it. Probably some better options out there but it's what I had.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great! I have a dagaz smoked superdome sapphire sitting here waiting to be fitted once my case gets back from the cerakote shop. This thread just brought back the excitement of soon fitting it

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks very much! Does sit a bit high, but looks good i think.

The lug width is 23 mm so it's a bit squished. The original watch for that band was at least 2-3cm smaller lug to lug so it lifts up to fit in.
I think there would be an option that would sit lower and neater. Just not in my pile of junk.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
hey it looks incredible with the red hand and that crystal

Reactions: camrok

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I like to keep 6309's all original, but I agree the red second hand does look good.
I've got a couple of modern Seiko and Grand Seiko that have blue second hands.

This one has blue second and GMT hands... (Previous owner pic):

·
Registered
931 Posts
I like to keep 6309's all original, but I agree the red second hand does look good.
I've got a couple of modern Seiko and Grand Seiko that have blue second hands.

This one has blue second and GMT hands... (Previous owner pic):

Really Nice looking Spring Drive Jim..... I just ordered the Seiko "Cocktail Time" SARB065 with a Blue second hand....

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, this looks amazing... I am now thinking of doing the same with my 6309. Does your Sapphire crystal have AR coating?

Thanks
- Michael

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, this looks amazing... I am now thinking of doing the same with my 6309. Does your Sapphire crystal have AR coating?

Thanks
- Michael

Yeah. It's just from Crystaltimes on ebay. Dagaz is also a good source. I was impressed that crystaltimes included a gasket as we'll with your order.
I love especially how the edge of the minute and second hand are almost magnified against the chapter. Ring just because of the angle of the edge of the glass.
For the cost of a few drinks and or a cheap take out meal depending on your taste and location, it is a very satisfying mod.
Cam

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where did you source your red second hand?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a Dagaz sapphire on my SKX007 and I really do like how it transforms the watch. Nice work!
I've got one on my black Sumo. It really seems to change the way light hits the dial. I got a Blumo that didn't have sapphire and it seemed completely different. Ended up selling it… the sapphire really is a big cosmetic upgrade, not just functional.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts