The Watch Site banner

Have them all SBDC003/SARB017/SARB059

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  tsteph12 
#1 ·
Any one hanging around here for more than about 18 months will know I got a Seiko Alpinist SARB017 for my 50th Birthday. Just before, I was trying to make my mind up, should I get a Sumo or an Alpinist so I canvassed for opinions on the forum. At the same time I was also considering the Alpinist SARB059 but not so strongly.

In the end I went for the SARB017 because of concern about the size of the Sumo on my relatively weedy wrist. Pollys old bestist mate Jim even offered to send me his Sumo to try on but in the end I went for the SARB017 because of concern about the Sumo's size and also I felt I would wear the SARB017 more.

After owning the SARB017 for a while and being very satisfied with my choice I bought a new Blue Sumo SBDC003 and to my surprise although big not too much so. Every one should have a Sumo:93:

Ever since getting the SARB017 I really wished I had also got a Alpinist SARB059 before they became obsolete. I kept an eye out but never saw one secondhand for sensible money. That was until a couple of weeks ago when looking at SCWF during breakfast, I spilled my coffee, gordo was selling his on the SCTF. The cost was right in my ball park.

So now I have all three watches that I was trying to decide over. Each are terrific in their own right. The SARB059, although based on a SKX case in nothing like the SKX dive watch, just look at it's side profile with the rotating bezel and domed crystal giving it a compact low profile.

The SARB017 in sunlight though is truly beautiful (my photographs do not do a very good job), I think this one for its small dressy size comfort and general shape is my favorite

See less See more
#6 ·
That blue dial Sumo is simply stunning! I love it!

As for the Alpinist, always been a fan of the SARB017, have owned more than one over the years, meaning I've returned to it and now it's here to stay. You do have to try it on a nice brown leather strap though ;)

#8 ·
great looking trio...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.