The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really just a question out of pure curiosity, but what is the difference between Hattori and Seiko movements?

I see some of the watch parts sites list Hattori movements as "Hattori (Seiko)", but they also sell simply "Seiko" movements. From what I can gather, the model numbering/reference convention for Hattori movements seems similar to Pulsar movements - is all of this an artifact of Seiko's acquisition of Pulsar ages ago? If so, why keep up with two different lines of movements? Pure marketing? Like I said, just curious - thanks!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Sometimes no differences, sometimes different hand heights or down jewelling, but there are Seiko, Hattori, Shiojiri, Pulsar, SII, Morioka, Yema, Seiko-Epson, unmarked and many more variations in the family.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting - perhaps the naming is just marketing, then.

I have a Pulsar inbound with a V736 that may or may not have coil damage. A quick google search suggests that the V736 (not in production) and the 7N36 (still in production!) are the same movement - so that may be my solution. Good thought to check hand-height, thought - thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts