The Watch Site banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Watch buying in general down. (Too much being spent on hoarding toilet paper.) CNS recently selling off inventory at 70% off.
Not as much as it would be come next month. Now you got people on unpaid leave sitting at home with nothing much to do but surf online all day and look up watches to buy. Come April I'm expecting oil prices to further dip with the end of OPEC+ and nonOPEC agreement. That's a terrible combo leading up to MASSIVE job losses across all industries. Not to sound opportunisitic but if you want to buy watches I'd wait a few months.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Apparently China enacted some very strict rules on the population: "Under the restrictions, travel in and out [of the effected area], for any reason, was banned. Authorities suspended public transport and banned most private cars, and eventually began house-to-house inspections and enforced quarantine." Even with those restrictions in place, the number of COUNTED virus patients increased by over 60k in the following several weeks.

I don't doubt that there will be "winners" and "losers" in the global economy (both in the short term and the long term), but I don't think China intentionally launched this virus because of perceived poor performance in a US - China trade deal...

Also: at the time that this guy made this video it might appear that China is coming out on top, but it remains to be seen what happens when they loosen restrictions on travel....

I'm hoping for a vaccine....

And looking for a new watch project while I'm quarantined in my house....
Yes, they already have a vaccine. It is in the study trial stage and has been given to a volunteer already. It will be at least one year before it will be ready for the general population, by then it will have infected 75% of the population already.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I remember that!!

@tritto

Yay, she's back. There was a thread I never opened just so she would keep popping up in my feed as the most recent photo in the thread. I may have to stop reading this thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It actually affects every decision I make. This is the perfect season for me to shop for some winter and autumn stuff since the prices have dropped to 70% already but I refused to buy anything as I worried about the effect of this covid-19 to our economy.

·
Registered
28,675 Posts
Is selling down? Will sellers stand in line at the P.O. during the Corona Virus pandemic to ship a watch?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Good Point Norman, I sell quite a few watches and I intend to wait until the C19 episode is over before selling any more. My thinking is prices will drop due to people being short of dosh and not bidding so high. I may buy some though if it develops into a buyers market.

·
Registered
8 Posts
face masks

They don't have any more face masks left in the stores, so I ordered some on Amazon. These are coming from China. So now I am concerned that maybe I will be in more danger wearing it ? I am thinking of putting them in quarantine when they arrive ? Will it be safe to wear if I wait one week ?
That's what I am afraid too, most of the products are made in China, where the COVID-19 came from, not so sure if they are safe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recently purchased a watch which came from NYC. My daughter picked the package up with gloves, sprayed sanitizer all over the box, wrapping, watch box and watch as well. That was last week. I have not yet worn the watch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the time when I want to buy gadgets and stuff, too bad though, all other products and services that are not a necessity today was closed down.

·
Registered
281 Posts
No, but it should have
With all postage delays I am questioning whether the package will ever arrive at all...

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts