The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as I need something to make my Humble pie taste better :(

I've been all too ready to dismiss Casios in the past as being cheap junk, fit only for the bin. But as my collection of Seikos has begun to improve in quality, I'm becoming more protective of them, so a beater was on the cards. I'm restoring an old house in France, and do my own car servicing etc, so it has to be something that is almost disposable.

Today I found it !, for the princely sum of 4 euros (£3.50 or 5usd) I picked up an almost new Casio solar powered watch (an MDA-S10H for those in the know) at a local bootfair, and now I can see why they have such a dedicated following.

I keep flicking my wrist :p just to see the auto light switch itself on :D

·
Registered
29,146 Posts
Some Casios with auto-light incorporate an on-off feature to conserve the battery when the light is not needed or wanted.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the very same watch.

I don't usually wear a watch when I go fishing, as it is not unknown for me to have to go into the water to retrieve a snagged fish, or equipment, so I now have a fishing watch as well......... but that takes away my excuse for being late arriving home ::) .

I'll imvestigate the auto light shut off, because I can see it becoming annoying in certain situations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts