The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Special Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanting to see if anyone has bought from ako_nato and if the experience went ok. thanks....

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
ako_nato and collections_at_home seems to be the same seller or related. I have dealth with collections_at_home with no problems.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I tried to buy a blue 6138 bezel from collections_at_home. He gave me the run around for months, it was always going to be 'next week', always for a different reason, every excuse in the book. Eventually I got tired of it and walked away.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
i see there is some nice parts available never used him yet....

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
so sorry you got the run around...i had a seller like that...it was more hassle than it was worth

I tried to buy a blue 6138 bezel from collections_at_home. He gave me the run around for months, it was always going to be 'next week', always for a different reason, every excuse in the book. Eventually I got tired of it and walked away.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I just got some crystals from Tony Plaza. It was a quick easy deal. I asked a question and got a quick response and bought the crystals. I was very happy in my dealings with him and like others have stated he had some really hard to find vintage Seiko parts.

Michael

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've also had great dealings with Tony Plaza - recently got a hacking lever from him for my 6159 that nobody else had, and he gave me a very fair price. Shipping often takes forever but tracking shows that is customs coming from Saudi Arabia, not him...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Likewise - at least up until a couple of years ago. His eBay ID aka_nato seems to have disappeared.
His other two eBay ID's seikoparts14 and collections_at_home are still active, but on the couple of his parts I've got saved on my eBay watching list it currently states:

This seller is currently away, and isn't processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your Watch list to keep track of it.

Has anybody dealt with Tony recently ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Update: I just received this automated 'Out of Office' message from eBay:

Dear *

seikoparts14 is out of the office until 19/05/2020 and may not be able to respond to your message.

Message from seikoparts14:
We are on third extended lockdown up to May 15 to fight corona virus spread...
Please come back after a month...
Thank you for kind understanding...
Take care...
Tony
And an almost immediate reply in response to my email to Tony, which included these 2 sentences:

Sorry due to on-going COVID-19 situation our PHLpost offices still not accepting international shipping. Hopefully by June I can go back in business again but not sure...

I have other option on shipping for DHL or UPS but shipping charges around $70.

·
Special Member
7,345 Posts
He ships from the Philippines. Their postal system is shut down for COVID-19 reasons so this is what they have to show per eBay standards.

·
Special Member
720 Posts
I have some parts on order from him as well ... as of now he cannot make international shipments through regular post.

·
Craftsman
3,896 Posts
Tony's a good guy and has a lot of hard to find parts. He will also deal outside of ebay.

The only drawback from that part of the world is it takes 4 to 6 weeks to receive the parts here in the US.

·
Special Member
7,345 Posts
Tony always supported our hobby but in my estimation the man has lost his marbles on ebay selling at ridiculous prices. Let's call it like it is, being a price pirate on ebay asking exhorbinant, thoroughly illogical and astronomical prices. Maybe he is just waiting to get a taker so he can laugh at their stupidity and/or naivety.

Let's examine a few of his current auction prices on ebay today. I leave it to you to decide for yourself what the motivation or rationale could possibly be. Sure it's his right but I can't figure it as sales strategy nor would I be able to rest my head on my pillow at night if I had just soaked an unknowing buyer like these sample auctions:

Exhibit A; How about $199 for a SINGLE Z199 End Link? :unsure: Makes Larry's Uncle Seiko AM perfect replica at $30 PER PAIR pair seem really underpriced. Wonder what a full set of 2 would go for? Don't forget to add your $50 for shipping!

Exhibit B: Here's a deal for you: $200 shipped for a crown. 😰 Good business if you can get it I suppose. Call me I'll knock $10 off that and give you one of mine. :p

Exhibit C: The ever elusive "6105 diver balance assembly". Now here's the worst part of this egregious attempt to rob the blind: Pretty much anyone on this forum knows a 6105A/B balance can be swiped out of any working 6106, 6117, 6119, 6138, 6139 and others, so seeing how this guy has been in the hobby so long, only a fool would try to defend the fact that he is not being open. It is pure newbie restorer trickery in an attempt to exploit the uninformed. So here it is at the bargain basement price of $199 and don't forget to add your $50 for shipping!

Exhibit D: Saving the best bargain for last: The $700 7002 diver. Tony is single handedly putting the "700" in "7002" 🤪. Man these overlooked divers must have really risen in value, I had no idea. 🙄 I will give you it does come on a Y035 so that's a plus but at what price for crying out loud ? Don't forget to add your $50 for shipping!

Sorry guys my love affair buying from this seller is way over. He is setting Patek prices for Seiko :poop: . Why does this community cut this guy any slack? I won't. Bye Bye Tony Plaza.

Fun Fotos to follow !

Z199 end links.jpeg
Samurai Crown.jpeg
6105 aka 61XX balance.jpeg
7002 at 700 bucks.jpeg

·
Craftsman
3,896 Posts
Maybe he's been watching too many of SK's videos........lol

I'll have to agree with you Jon. Gone are the days when you could get( 5) 330W18GN crystals from him for a C note. Now he's asking $150 a pop.
I haven't bought anything from him in a long time but he is reliable and trustworthy outside of his higher then normal pricing although some of his offerings are still within reason.

·
Special Member
7,345 Posts
So I see that the bargain shipping rate of $50. USD just isn't cutting it anymore with all this runaway global inflation (err, wait a minute.....). Darn it I should have grabbed this back when the shipping charge was still cut rate.🙃

Seems that now dropping a simple 6139-601X crystal bezel in the mail costs the lucky buyer $80 USD! I guess PHL Post must be charging him a lot for their guaranteed 7 week service !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts