The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
IIRC yobokies made an insert specifically designed for 6105's. I believe it is the same diameter as the 6309 insert, but slightly thinner, just like the original 6105 inserts.

·
Administrator
30,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isthmus said:
Are you sure? I could have sworn that they were.
As far as i know the sizes are (approximately):

• 6105-811X/6309-704X =o/d 38.15mm x i/d 31.50mm
    6105-8000 = o/d 37.45mm x i/d= 31.45mm
So i/d the same but o/d about .7mm smaller on the 8000

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I Think, your Question is in the REALM of your Statement at the End of all your Posting "Only a ---Could Spot a speck of Fly S_______. ETC> LOL

Ya know what I mean Old TIGER???? ;)

·
Administrator
30,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seikozen said:
I Think, your Question is in the REALM of your Statement at the End of all your Posting "Only a ---Could Spot a speck of Fly S_______. ETC> LOL

Ya know what I mean Old TIGER? ??? ;)
ha ha but size does matter !!! :) the differences prevents you inserting it in the bezel unless you was to machine it down or something, i would have liked one that pressed in ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi John, your right with the 6105 insert OD's being different, even the texture and finish is different. I've never seen an aftermarket 8000 insert..strange with all the other parts that have been made up!! I made a couple a few years ago, starting with a new skx007 insert I turned down the OD by nearly 1mm and added an original plastic PIP (enlarging the pip hole is fun)..the result was quite nice..Clayton

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Oh, how I love throwing a wrench into the works...

Though not correct, most of the aftermarket inserts made for Rolexes of various flavors will fit the 6105-8000/8009 rotating ring. These measure +/- 37.50mm and can be snapped in place.

·
Administrator
30,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Clayton, I have never seen one either but i thought perhaps i was missing them ??? you made a nice job of that one, in fact it looks a beauty but being yours i have come to expect nothing but perfection !! ;) i just wish i had a lathe for these types of jobs :)

·
Administrator
30,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
swedefreak said:
Oh, how I love throwing a wrench into the works...

Though not correct, most of the aftermarket inserts made for Rolexes of various flavors will fit the 6105-8000/8009 rotating ring. These measure +/- 37.50mm and can be snapped in place.
Bugger that is a nice spanner to throw in Jonathan, would be a nice modded bezel :) is there any particular Rolex ones to look for or would it be just the Sub style ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The basic Submariner is nice, of course, but I'm partial to the YachtMaster because of all the possibilities of adding color...

This was treated to a lume pip, enamel and an overlay of several coats of clear varnish giving it a "jellied" look. This insert is a $10.00 cheapie from Alpha Watch and is chrome plated brass. One must be careful to not go through the plating as one works. I found another on eBay that is supposed to be stainless at $40.00. If it is, indeed, stainless, the possibilities expand.

[quote=TheTigerUK]
Bugger that is a nice spanner to throw in Jonathan, would be a nice modded bezel :) is there any particular Rolex ones to look for or would it be just the Sub style ? Thanks
[/quote]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts