The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was given a auto Seiko diver to celebrate the birth of his new born but after wearing it for a day it was 1 1/2 hrs slow so i assumed he had set the time wrong so i reset for him and it did the same thing next day !!

I took it back off him to do a time trial and in 12 hours it is about 2 mins slow but not an hour or so.

Has he got some sort of magnetic field running through him or some thing ?

The time trial has been just sitting the watch on my desk i will have to try wearing it for a day just incase it is something happening when worn, sort of strange though unless it is all the adrenalin running through him due to the new born :))

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
My son was given a auto Seiko diver to celebrate the birth of his new born but after wearing it for a day it was 1 1/2 hrs slow so i assumed he had set the time wrong so i reset for him and it did the same thing next day !!

I took it back off him to do a time trial and in 12 hours it is about 2 mins slow but not an hour or so.

The time trial has been just sitting the watch on my desk i will have to try wearing it for a day just incase it is something happening when worn, sort of strange though unless it is all the adrenalin running through him due to the new born :))
Maybe he has a magnetic personality! :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I believe it can happen, if there's a problem with the balance axle. Maxbe during your tryout it was not occuring as the watch was in a stable position, but maybe in some position it stops or slows down and during wearing these positions occur. Putting it on a timing balance and checking the different positions, would be the next thing I would do (which would, in my case mean to consult the local watchmaker).

Cheers,

Axel

P.S. I like your adrenalin theory, though!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have read about a phenomen in regards to a person having higher energy field around them than is normal, I know a guy that wears his Seiko 6105 serviced and 110% perfect and runs great on his Right hand if he swaps it for the left (normal wear wrist), it slows then stops when he takes it of and puts it back onto the left wrist is starts up again.

This guy has been wearing a 6105 since the early 70's and is now in his late 50'2 and it still does it the same then as is does now.

Just make sure the watch is 100% and if it still slows then you know what it is just have him wear it on the other wrist theis may help.

Cheers
Mark.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Perhaps he is still orbiting the earth because of his :-* and ;) due to the family's new child!

TheTigerUK said:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh I thought this was about a disease or something to that extent. Like all you can buy are automatics. I have this, but it's random and fades in and out :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
How active is your son?

maybe the movement of his body isnt enough to keep a reasonable power reserve going?
I have noticed some of my pieces running erracticaly until they get a reasonable wind
over several days.

kmc

·
Registered
534 Posts
Martog said:
I have read about a phenomen in regards to a person having higher energy field around them than is normal, I know a guy that wears his Seiko 6105 serviced and 110% perfect and runs great on his Right hand if he swaps it for the left (normal wear wrist), it slows then stops when he takes it of and puts it back onto the left wrist is starts up again.

This guy has been wearing a 6105 since the early 70's and is now in his late 50'2 and it still does it the same then as is does now.

Just make sure the watch is 100% and if it still slows then you know what it is just have him wear it on the other wrist theis may help.

Cheers
Mark.
Hi, Mark, well this is just anecdotal, but here in Japan there is a belief that wearing 'power gemstone beaded bracelets on the LEFT watch wrist increases the Chi or energy flow into the body and exits out the right hand side. My wife adheres to this belief....

Attachments

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
TheTigerUK said:

He could well be one of those folks who can have a magnetic affect on mechanical watches.

My brother is one of those poor souls. He can cause a brand new watch to slow down and come to a complete stop in about a week. Apparently, the watches he does this to become completely magnetized; not just the hairspring. You gan take one of these watches and pick up half the straight pins in a seamstress's pin box with one he has 'charged' :-\

Needless to say, he has worn quartz watches ever since they were introduced to the market.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
anzac1957 said:
I bought my wife a Seiko auto for her 21st birthday.. It never ran well for her and even with being checked under guarantee it kept on stopping.. The Seiko repairer said there was nothing wrong with the watch.. She has tried other mechanicals with the same result, but has no problems with quartz watches..
Tony

Get your loveley wife to wear it on the other hand and tell us what happens over a time period.

Cheers
Mark.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
thianwong said:
Hi, Mark, well this is just anecdotal, but here in Japan there is a belief that wearing 'power gemstone beaded bracelets on the LEFT watch wrist increases the Chi or energy flow into the body and exits out the right hand side. My wife adheres to this belief....
Thian

How are you my friend I have also heard of this and to back this up we have 2 Japanese Electrical Engineers working with us and they both do this and swear by the practice they have been doing it all their lives.

Cheers
Mark.

·
Registered
151 Posts
jbdan said:
Oh I thought this was about a disease or something to that extent. Like all you can buy are automatics. I have this, but it's random and fades in and out :D
I was thinking the same! But more along the lines of 1) Tendonitis or RSI due to the action of rotating all your automatics or 2) the reflexive, almost built-in shaking of the wrist to wind an automatic... especially when wearing a quartz or no watch at all! ;D I suffer from the second, if I still kept all my auto's constantly wound, would suffer from the first too! :-X O0

I guess this makes a case for those magnetic therapy bracelets they've been selling? ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
cooliend said:
I was thinking the same! But more along the lines of 1) Tendonitis or RSI due to the action of rotating all your automatics or 2) the reflexive, almost built-in shaking of the wrist to wind an automatic... especially when wearing a quartz or no watch at all! ;D I suffer from the second, if I still kept all my auto's constantly wound, would suffer from the first too! :-X O0

I guess this makes a case for those magnetic therapy bracelets they've been selling? ;)
HAHA cool and Garrett !! :))

·
Registered
994 Posts
That is very interesting. My sister cannot wear quartz watches on either wrist. The battery will die in less than a month. She wears a pendant watch on a chain and it works fine.

·
Registered
230 Posts
From OP:

Shhhhush! Don't tell anyone but I think your son is MAGNETO! ;)

Anyways, hope you get to the bottom of the problem soon . . . maybe the volcanic activity there in Norway is causing some anomalies to the magnetic fields there! Ha ha. .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts